PDA

View Full Version : ELi Avisera turning spaghettis

La truciolara
15th April 2011, 08:15 AM
Hello over there.
It has been a real long time since I visited the forum which I like so much.
Lack of time, health problems, family to take care off. You all know that and in addition age is sure not helping.
Eli Avisera came last month in Verona and did two workshops to the delight of the Italian wood turners (there are not that many).
You know Eli, I am sure. Besides being a Grand Wood Turner Maestro, he is such a nice person, so friendly, so funny, so caring for each student,with a delightful sense of unour. (sometimes difficult to grasp because of the language).
I wanted to share with you .

YouTube - Woodturning with Eli Avisera

Sawdust Maker
15th April 2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for sharing
looks like all had a lot of fun :2tsup:

tea lady
15th April 2011, 10:15 AM
:U Looks fantastic! Up the anti with the video of the workshop. we only do pics. Kinda out of focus and/or badly framed. :doh: Your video looks like art! :rolleyes::2tsup::D

So which one are you, and what did you make.:U

artme
15th April 2011, 11:01 AM
G'day Claude!! Great to see you post again!!:2tsup::2tsup::)

Was telling someone the other day that your school is equipped with Vicmarc lathes. The response was one of scepticism, I shall have to show him this!!

Great little video BTW.:):):)

Ad de Crom
15th April 2011, 05:36 PM
Really fantastic!!
Ad

La truciolara
15th April 2011, 05:55 PM
Looks fantastic! Up the anti with the video of the workshop. we only do pics. Kinda out of focus and/or badly framed. Your video looks like art!

So which one are you, and what did you make. I am the old man with the red smock, the one laughing at the end of the video sitting on the lathe.
Many thanks for the compliment of the Video. It was shot by my daughter who runs a small art production company.

G'day Claude!! Great to see you post again!!
Was telling someone the other day that your school is equipped with Vicmarc lathes. The response was one of scepticism, I shall have to show him this!!
Great little video BTW.I'feel good to be back. I hope i'll be able to post more in the future. Tell this guy that the distance from Australia does not prevent us from loving the best ever made lathes.

Really fantastic!!
Ad Many thanks for this compliment.

tea lady
15th April 2011, 06:02 PM
I am the old man with the red smock, the one laughing at the end of the video sitting on the lathe. Fantastic.:U
Many thanks for the compliment of the Video. It was shot by my daughter who runs a small art production company.Aaah! A proffesional. :2tsup:

Looking forward to hearing more from you! :cool:

La truciolara
15th April 2011, 06:21 PM
Tea Lady

I visited "The Muse Agency"... I do not find the words to tell you how much I love what you make.
You are a great artist !
Whether wood or clay, I can see that it is the same inspiration which drives your art.

rsser
15th April 2011, 06:29 PM
Buono!

Great production quality in the vid.

But spaghettis for you is 'pig tails' for us :U

tea lady
15th April 2011, 06:42 PM
Tea Lady

I visited "The Muse Agency"... I do not find the words to tell you how much I love what you make.
You are a great artist !
Whether wood or clay, I can see that it is the same inspiration which drives your art.Thank you for your compliment! :U

hughie
16th April 2011, 09:13 AM
Claude, Bravo :clap: and excellent video.

wheelinround
16th April 2011, 04:58 PM
Claude excellent video well worth watching good to see your back at it.

Now question is Eli pronounced Ely..............mind you I have heard people call him Edy :doh:

I believe he now has tools etc and a website will have to try find the link again.

rsser
16th April 2011, 05:11 PM
'Ay-lee' at a guess Ray.

Yeah, there's webland stuff. IIRC he does the micro 2ndary bevel on bowl gouges.

joe greiner
16th April 2011, 09:10 PM
On the YouTube site itself, Claude also has a video of a 3d turned puzzle: YouTube - 3d turned puzzle

Worth a gander.

Cheers,
Joe

TTIT
16th April 2011, 09:11 PM
Love the video Claude - top job by your daughter :2tsup:

Now why aren't any of our get-togethers recorded so expertly??? :C :shrug:

rsser
17th April 2011, 06:08 PM
Yeah. Would be good.

Tried to get my daughter interested as she has the tech skills ... but the subject matter didn't excite her all that much :(

La truciolara
17th April 2011, 07:19 PM
Claude excellent video well worth watching good to see your back at it.

Now question is Eli pronounced Ely..............mind you I have heard people call him Edy :doh:

I believe he now has tools etc and a website will have to try find the link again.

Difficult to answer your pronunciation quest as, whether written Eli or ELy, it is always the name pronunciation in French and in Italian...:U
Hi web site: Home - Eli Avisera - Woodturner (http://www.avisera.co.il/content/default1.asp)
Eli tools have been available for years now.

wheelinround
17th April 2011, 07:24 PM
Difficult to answer your pronunciation quest as, whether written Eli or ELy, it is always the name pronunciation in French and in Italian...:U
Hi web site: Home - Eli Avisera - Woodturner (http://www.avisera.co.il/content/default1.asp)
Eli tools have been available for years now.

Thanks for that :2tsup:

La truciolara
17th April 2011, 09:01 PM
Thanks for that :2tsup:It took me some time to find the page with the pictures of Eli's tools. But I finally found it:

ELI AVISERA (http://www.la-truciolara.eu/Hamlet/Avisera2.htm)

nalmo
20th April 2011, 05:05 PM
Pronunciation would be -
e as in hello
i as in ey sound in valley

La truciolara
21st April 2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks fir the explanation.
therefore Eli in pronounced as in it is

nalmo
21st April 2011, 05:20 PM
His name should finish with a "y" sound. In Hebrew, his name finishes with the 10th letter of the alphabet ("yud"), with the preceeding vowel being the "i", so pronouned closest to valley.

GSRocket
21st April 2011, 10:53 PM
Beautiful video.....Compliments to your daughter :)

La truciolara
22nd April 2011, 04:37 AM
Beautiful video.....Compliments to your daughter :)Thank you GSRocket. I'll sure transmit your compliments to her. She is going to be so happy.

Durdge39
23rd April 2011, 11:54 AM
Brilliant video!

orificiam
23rd April 2011, 05:22 PM
Complimenti Claude Un bell video, e un piacere vedere gli studenti divertirsi.

A beutiful video it sure looks like the students where having a good time.

Cheers Tony.:):)

La truciolara
23rd April 2011, 05:47 PM
Thank's a lot Tony

rodent
4th May 2011, 10:24 PM
Well Claude i think that tops it . Great video thank your daughter for us , that was great ( if any one thinks different do your own ) . Yes i would like a big vicmark in my workshop not that i could put any thing else in there . Have a great day . rodney Oh and Vern ive still got a couple of pictures with you and Ruth on the lathe if you want them .:D

La truciolara
4th May 2011, 10:55 PM
Well Claude i think that tops it . Great video thank your daughter for us , that was great ( if any one thinks different do your own ) . ...
... .:DI'll sure transmit you appreciation to my daughter (copying your mail). You cannot imagine how happy she is when she receives compliments in a particular way when they come from so far away.
Thank's for her