PDA

View Full Version : Mum's Potting Shed

Scribbly Gum
16th April 2011, 05:17 PM
This has been a project on the to do list for quite a while.
It is finally finished.
SWMBO had a little potting table out in the middle of the backyard under a tree, and yearned for her own potting shed.
Here were the requirements:

Somewhere dry
Light and airy
Faces the north
Has a big workbench area
Must have storage shelving

I made use of an old zincalume garden shed that was blown to pieces in a storm a couple of years back.
The front plate holding up the rafters is an old hardwood window ledge from a very long window - ex-demolition.
The trellis came from my son's house when he replaced his pergola with a Queensland room.
The bench has an old plastic shallow sink for mixing potting mixes, and plant potting and the like, where spillage can be re-claimed.
The sink came out of an old photographic darkroom.
The left side of the bench has a re-cycled panel from a renovated kitchen. It has a stainless steel surface.
The shelf underneath has a suspended support in the middle, and uses a couple of over 100 year old hardwood boards from a demolition of a friend's shed.
Here she is:

wheelinround
16th April 2011, 05:20 PM
Now thats a top spot SG.

TermiMonster
16th April 2011, 07:01 PM
She's a beaut.
TM

wun4us
16th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Now that's recycling at its best!!:clap2:

Shedblog Au
17th April 2011, 10:57 AM
Very nice project, looks great and I applaud your recycling efforts, good stuff!

Scribbly Gum
17th April 2011, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the nice words everyone.
It is great to re-use things - from many points of view. Not the least of which is the fact that re-cycled items are cheaper and often free.
Anyway it is a good result, and my nearest and dearest is happy with it.
Out of interest, the dimensions of the shed are 3 metres wide and 1.5 metres deep.
The front posts are 2.4 metres and the rear posts 2.1 metres high.
The roof is pitched at that higher angle to let more light in and create that airy feel that was wanted.
Cheers from Tele Point
SG

mic-d
17th April 2011, 07:13 PM
That's very nice SG.