PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Brisbane TWWW Show

Superbunny
16th April 2011, 09:21 PM
Well just to get the ball rolling, I just can't wait for May to come around and I've got my bucks all saved for that special tool I just got to have. I'm assuming that the TWWW is on as we have had little info to date. Don't forget U-Beaut have a discount special for forum members. See you all at the show.:D:D

SB

Penqueen
30th April 2011, 08:45 PM
Well May is just hours away and I'm counting down the days to the WWWS. :D I've been scrimping and saving for the big day as I want to buy a half decent scroll saw so I can get into scrolling.:D I cannot afford the 'Rolls Royce' of scroll saws, maybe when I win lotto lol :2tsup: Nah that won't happen :no:

I'm also looking forward to seeing and socializing with members of my first woodie club from Ipswich. :D These are the people who gave me my nick name Penqueen :) and I always enjoy seeing these terrific folk.:) Their club went under in the floods during January so please everyone call in and see them ok. I have been assured that they will be at the WWWS. :D

See you all there ok. :D
Marg.:H

RufflyRustic
1st May 2011, 11:20 PM
I want to get my coffee mug and stand at the Forum stand with mug in hand and make everyone jealous :)

As for anything else, I have no idea. Will have to wait and see what timber talks the loudest this time.:D

ole1
18th May 2011, 11:12 AM
I'm wondering how horrible parking will be. Perhaps someone who has been in previous years can comment?

Very keen to see this thing in action: Z-VISE, formerly Zyliss Vice, a multi-purpose portable clamping system (http://www.z-vise.co.nz) - would be useful for the limited space I have.

RufflyRustic
18th May 2011, 02:44 PM
:? I didn't think it was that bad, tbh. Drive up, follow the signage/directions/hand waving and try to remember where you parked. Can be a bit of a rabbit warren, but you are always within 5-10 minutes stroll of the Show.

Superbunny
18th May 2011, 09:49 PM
Yep, I go around the back streets and never had a problem finding a park.:D:D

SB

q9
19th May 2011, 08:33 PM
1 sleep to go!

soundman
20th May 2011, 12:32 PM
The problem is they have 3 shows on at the RNA this week end and thay have leased out part of side show ally to the hospital for parking.

For the 4WD show they were parking people over in victoria park.

better be there early.

cheers

wheelinround
20th May 2011, 02:49 PM
Think I just spotted Munruben on EEE's website photo's at Carbatec stand

q9
20th May 2011, 06:13 PM
Just got back home...sorry I didn't really get a chance to drop in to the lounge, though I did note it was impressively well utilised. My own slackness and lack of planning... next time...

Anyhow, parking was no problem, and I can't actually think of a time when it was. Possibly the weekend would be a different story, but I plan never to go on a weekend. Dragged SWMBO along who spent all of the $$$. Possibly because I left my wallet at home. Accident, honest ;)

RufflyRustic
20th May 2011, 11:50 PM
hi q9, so what did you get? Good job having SWMBO buying your T&WWW Show geat today :2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
21st May 2011, 12:33 AM
Photos?

Robomanic
21st May 2011, 01:08 AM
Managed to get in for the afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed myself at the forum stand. It was great to put faces to names and meet new friends :D No problems parking but Saturday will be a different story I guess.

Picked up the Titebond III and 240mm Z saw as planned, along with some nice chunks of Camphour which jumped out at me.

Lots of great slabs and dressed timber as always. Some nice pieces of Tiger Myrtle caught my eye but out of the budget this year :no:.

170625 170626

Next time Gadget...

q9
21st May 2011, 09:25 PM
hi q9, so what did you get? Good job having SWMBO buying your T&WWW Show geat today :2tsup:

Bought quite a few Tassie Blackwood slabs. Actually, just about bought one of the exhibitors out, or nearly all I could see anyhow. And a couple of the magnetic feather board thingies.

Cliff Rogers
21st May 2011, 10:02 PM
Camera? Photos? Anybody?

Babylon5
22nd May 2011, 12:08 AM
I went to the show on Friday. Big thanks to Neil from U-beaut for the free ticket I won. I spent what I saved on 6 bottles of Hard Shellac for an upcoming project.

Thanks to Wendy also for coming out to give me my free ticket. It was a pleasure meeting you and a new experience to talk about wood to a woman and for her eyes not to roll backwards like my wife does on many occasions. Even if you do work with pine :oo: I enjoyed our brief chat.

The only thing I purchased as the show was the Hard Shellac. Neil had some fantastic pricing and was good to see, compared to some other show stall holders whose pricing seemed to be not that cheap. I'm starting to see less discounted pricing at these shows and more price gouging by some of the major players.

Thanks,
Shane.

Charleville
22nd May 2011, 02:33 AM
Was it my imagination or were attendance numbers down on past years for Saturday?

It seemed to me that it was a lot more comfortable walking around there this year than in other years on the Saturday. Certainly, it was pretty easy getting a hot dog there. The hot dog stand looked pretty devoid of customers when I was looking at it.

I think that the show missed out having a few non-promotional presentations than in previous years. ie I did not see the equivalent of a Richard Vaughan there.

skot
22nd May 2011, 09:10 AM
Richard is not there because his workshop went under in the January Floods just like mine. He is one street over from me in Sumner Park and everything went under water during those horrible days.

Superbunny
22nd May 2011, 07:10 PM
Camera? Photos? Anybody?

No Cliff, just to naff you off.:U:D:D

SB

Cliff Rogers
22nd May 2011, 10:47 PM
:(

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 12:17 PM
2011 T&WWW Show Washup and Photos thread (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f135/2011-t-www-show-washup-135704/)now open