PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton (600 Machinery) Lathe stand colour?

Com_VC
17th April 2011, 02:00 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone happens to know the correct colour that 600 machinery painted there lathe stands for the sheraton lathes? I am hoping there is a colour off the shelf that I can use, it doesn't have to be exact match but close would be good.

I found a picture as an example, it's a dark blue sorta colour. If I don't have any luck I will pay bunnings a visit for a colour match.

Thanks

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqMOKikE0sRpwCY,BNbhRLSTmw~~_12.JPG

bollie7
18th April 2011, 09:55 AM
That looks a lot like the colour that the Colchester Triumph's were painted. Sorry that doesn't help you as to a colour.
If it was me I'd be going to an industrial or even an automotive paint supplier for colour matching rather than Bunnings.You will probably find you will get a better quality paint at a similar if not cheaper price than Bunnings.

bollie7

toolman49
19th April 2011, 11:44 AM
G,Day,
When I needed to paint the stand for my Honden, I had the colour matched at Haynes in Ringwood, they did a perfect job, the cost was about $60.00 for 4 litres of high gloss enamel.
Regards

Com_VC
19th April 2011, 07:28 PM
I went to what I thought was a proper paint shop in my area but they weren't much help, didn't offer to match the paint. I bought a tin of kill rust from them though and then when I went to bunning it was $5 cheaper.

toolman49: 4 litres is a lot of paint, I didn't even end up using half a 500ml tin when I painted the lathe itself. Maybe you have a really big lathe though :D

Dave J
19th April 2011, 07:56 PM
They charge you $5 more and be of no help, but will complain that Bunnings is running them out of business. Bunnings also colour match and I have found most of the staff to be helpful. They have even given me some tinter to take home if we wanted to add a bit to get the right colour.
Last year we were over their and they had pre mixed 4ltr grey enamel (close to machinery grey) that was on sale because they weren't carrying it any more, we got it for around $58 for 4ltr's from memory, so I got 2 tins. It was $90 + to have it mixed.

Dave

Ch4iS
20th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Have you got a protec near you?

Contact | Protec - Paint, Value, Support (http://www.protec.com.au/contact/w1/i1001190/)

They will color match by eye for $20 and they have a large range of colors already to choose from.

Its about $48 for the standard colors in a 4ltr tin from memory, and the staff at the minto branch have always been helpful to a newbie like myself.