PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Thailand

dai sensei
17th April 2011, 04:39 PM
Yeh, rough life isn't it :D

I have been in Thailand for the past couple of weeks on a couple of scuba diving liveaboards around the Similans. I was supposed to be on a single boat travelling around the Similans and Burma, but they had huge storms the week before I came and the boat was damaged. Luckily my agent acted quickly and got me on the two other boats. The visibility was certainly not the usual tropical clear, but as good as at home and it improved while I was there.

I had planned to stay on Phuket Island for a few more days after the dive trip, but somehow got my dates mixed up and was returning from a canoeing trip around what is locally known as James Bond Island when my plane left. The resort I am staying at is just $21 a night and I can get 3 meals a day for around $20, so basically as cheap as staying home. The only extra was the extra plane fare for $600, which is basically what I had paid for the orginal return flights, but there is a price to pay for stupidity.

Hopefully my photos of the Mantas, Whale-shark and the other fantastic marinelife work out. I'll post photos when I return.

Cheers from Thailand

John Saxton
17th April 2011, 09:15 PM
Sounds great Neil, the boating around some of the scenic waters of the Thai/Burma region.

Hope the memories you take away are of a fulfilling time spent there its got to be favourite area to explore for most of us here in the Southern climes now that the cooler weather is rapidly approaching.

Will be passing thru there shortly but by cruise ship.

Cheers:)

RufflyRustic
17th April 2011, 09:31 PM
Hi Neil

glad to hear you are well and having a wondeful time. I hope your photos turn out too:):2tsup::2tsup:

cheers
Wendy