PDA

View Full Version : One Awesome Pen And Two More Knights

Nai84
21st April 2011, 01:13 AM
Hey Guys

Well I casted another one of my own blanks using clear casting resn I got from bunnings I add in all bits from the drill press that is left over after drilling out te blanks and the result was AWESOME I painted the tube white to make the colours stand :2tsup: I think im keeping this one for me :D I also got two more Knights done Orchid witch I also paint the tube white and I am also liking this one and the other one is Green with White Lines and it is so cool im not a big fan of green but OMG this one is working for me all wet sanded and finished with Novus polish all comments welcome

Ian

gawdelpus
21st April 2011, 01:24 AM
The clear casting is very creative hehe, keep up the good work :) cheers ~ John :2tsup:

Nai84
21st April 2011, 01:37 AM
Hey John

Thanks I am keeping this one for me :2tsup: I have another 9 blanks like that so I might turn up one or two for the markets

Ian

mkypenturner
21st April 2011, 06:45 AM
hey ian great work on the casting :2tsup: had a close look at it and i see a few bubbles in there though , oh well pratice some more have to get some advice on removing them from one the the casters here .... their advice wil always help us all

artme
21st April 2011, 08:03 AM
Yep! Well done Ian.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

sturina
21st April 2011, 10:14 AM
For me the green looks the best, nice job!

Whaler1
21st April 2011, 10:28 AM
Great looking pens, I sure like that Knight kit.

Nai84
21st April 2011, 10:26 PM
hey ian great work on the casting :2tsup: had a close look at it and i see a few bubbles in there though , oh well pratice some more have to get some advice on removing them from one the the casters here .... their advice wil always help us all

Great looking pens, I sure like that Knight kit.

Hey Guys

Thanks I am glad you like

Hey MKY

Thanks mate I did put the mould on to my drill press and turn it on to let the vibrations push the bubbles out of the resin for about 15 min I seen it on a you tube video it did get rid of most of them put I not sure how else I would get rid of them :) never mind all for good fun I wll master it one day :B:doh:

Hey Whaler

Thanks mate I agree I love the knight pen and they are awesome to turn

Ian

gawdelpus
21st April 2011, 10:42 PM
Ian ,another thing you can do is to carefully put your mixing container into some hot water to warm it up a bit ,then mix in your hardener ,this has the effect of thinning the poly so it runs easier and the bubbles if any don't have to fight so hard to escape :) ,just don't get water in your mix as that will be a problem :) I am guessing you do most of your work at night when its a bit cooler ,on hot days it's not such a problem hehe. Good luck perserverance pays off ,I am gonna need some of that soon , I picked up a lump of "green stone" or Jade today to see if its possible to make a pen from it ,may be a one off for sure lol. Have a good one ,John

Nai84
22nd April 2011, 01:21 AM
Hey John

Thanks for the tip I will use that next time and I do work at night one its cool and two no kiddies floating around LOL

Ian

Adynaton
22nd April 2011, 08:47 AM
Hey John,

Don't forget to post some pics of the finished pen. It will look awesome.

Ady:)

Pat
22nd April 2011, 09:10 AM
Well done Ian, MBGitW saw the pens and liked them, especially the multi coloured and the pink one, though she did suggest that would like the pink one with silver accoutrements instead of the gold.

stuffy
22nd April 2011, 12:29 PM
"Green is nice..." (obscure movie reference) :wink:
and your multi-coloured casting looks great!
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Steve
:)

Nai84
23rd April 2011, 01:43 AM
"Green is nice..." (obscure movie reference) :wink:
and your multi-coloured casting looks great!
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Steve
:)

Hey Steve

thanks mate long time no hear what have you been up to

Ian

munruben
23rd April 2011, 08:32 PM
Awesome, keep up the good work.:2tsup:

Nai84
24th April 2011, 03:30 AM
Hey munruben