PDA

View Full Version : Supatools online???

routermaniac
7th December 2004, 12:00 AM
Hi everyone, just want to find out whether any of you have had dealings with these people (supatoolsonline) on Ebay and what your general impression has been.

I have recently bought some router cutters from them and they were able to do a "good deal" for me (I purchased 2 separate cutters and a cabinet kit).

To start off, the products got to me 10-14 days later because they said they check the cutters and one was damaged and hence they waited till the replacement arrived. :(

Fair enough I thought this although inconvenient is reasonable.... BUT! The cutters arrive and one of the three piece set is chipped. SO was it ever replaced (who knows???) :mad:

So I email them back and they promptly offer to replace it (up to this point all is good). The cutter is sent to them with express and registered mail and 2+ weeks later I am still waiting for the replacement. Every time I email I get this @#$%^&* response that our suppliers are slow with warranty claims.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

As far as I am concerned this is very poor form, have any of you had similar problems???

I will inform the group of how this ends up but if my experience is anything to go by I wish you luck!!!!!

routermaniac

Kev Y.
7th December 2004, 08:34 AM
I recently purchased a "rail and style reversable bit" from them, For my part the bit arrived in 3 days not the 5 working days they advertised.

The condition was brand new, and I have nothing bad to say.

I hope that you have some luck with your problem.

routermaniac
17th December 2004, 03:51 PM
have finally got the bit 3 weeks later, but at least it is in good vondition and the chjaps seemed genuinely concerned re their slow suppliers.

DavidG
18th December 2004, 11:03 PM
Bought from them a couple of times with no problems.

I actually live close enough to them to do a pick up so I have met them and had a good chat. Nice people. :)

They, like many other companies, are at the mercy of their suppliers who can sometime take forever to supply what they promise.

morry
19th December 2004, 08:09 PM
Ive also bought a few times from them and have nothing but praise for their quick turnaround and good service.

Gumby
19th December 2004, 10:38 PM
My once only purchase was fine....no problems with them at all.

Buzza
10th November 2005, 06:06 PM
G'Day all,

I know this thread is a bit long in the tooth, but just to keep things on the boil so to speak . .

I've made an Ebay purchase from these people, and have been sending Emails to them for about a week with no reply. Can anyone supply me with a phone number for them please?

Buzza

Auld Bassoon
10th November 2005, 07:24 PM
Hi Routermaniac!

Noting that the thread is a bit old, nevertheless, my 2c worth:

I've bought a few bits and pieces from then over the past eighteen months or so, and their service has always been first rate.

My only complaint is that they wrap the package in half a mile of black plastic sheeting that take "forever" to get offhttp://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com.au/images/icons/icon10.gif

I'd have no doubts about dealing with them again if they had something I wanted.

Cheers!

Simomatra
10th November 2005, 08:39 PM
Hi All

I have purchased from them several times and have had no problems goods arrived in a couple of days and in excellent condition.

Cheers sam

DavidG
10th November 2005, 08:46 PM
Buzza
The phone number is down amongst the payment details of the thing(s) you bought.

Sometimes it may take a while. Check the conditions of purchase. Sometimes it is 15 working days (3 weeks) particularly if the item is being dropshipped. (ie sent direct from supplier to you).

Never had a problem and only once had an item held up due to supplier problem and they offered a refund but I was prepared to wait. It arrived eventually. No worries.:D

Tonyz
10th November 2005, 09:13 PM
If your not happy then contact ebay. That is part of the success of ebay ...honest, keeping their word sellers.................... Tonto

Buzza
10th November 2005, 11:38 PM
Thanks DavidG (nice legs).

I've noticed in the Feedback they have trouble reading Emails, however, I'll look up that number and ring them in work hours.

Buzza:)

swiftden
11th November 2005, 01:12 AM
I have bought from them in the past and had nothing but good service and would buy from them again :)

Redgy
11th November 2005, 06:51 AM
have only bought from them once, never again. Wouldn't reply to emails, then they accused me of not paying them (which I had within 24hrs) & they were going to report me to ebay as a bad payer. Eventually got the item about 4 weeks later, they can get stuffed as far as I'm concerned. Reg

Bodgy
11th November 2005, 09:05 AM
I've bought several items from them and I think a comparison to Timbecon is warranted. Often a bit slow and quite disorganised.

They may be at the mercy of their suppliers, but they are responsible. If you make money from a commercial transaction, you take a responsibility and liability.

Like Timbecon, a nice bunch, but their business has exploded and left their ramshackle system behind. Like Timbecon, they seem to be understaffed. Emails are pointless, but if you call up they try to help.

To get an idea of the volume these guys ship, check out their reputation list. Without a sophisticated inventory system and skilled management, with these volumes you are inevitably going to stuff up.

Like Timbecon they're a useful vendor, Like Timbecon I hope they get their act together.

mat
11th November 2005, 12:50 PM
Their telephone number is 62991064

I have bought from them a few times. I pick up as they are in the local area. It is a backyard venture, a bit disorganised but seem to be honest and fair.

graemet
11th November 2005, 08:29 PM
I've used them a couple of times, the stuff was new and in good condition and delivery was very fast. I always check out the reputation of a seller before I bid, and look for the negatives, specially the recent ones, that gives you a good idea of your chance of a reasonable buy. Got bitten today by a seller but lost very little cash, a dose of negative feedback will fix 'im! Cheers, Graeme

Trav
22nd November 2005, 02:58 PM
I've used them too. Like a few others, I went and picked up the stuff. Apart from taking ages to find the place, it all went well. In fact, I ended up buying 2 extra muji planes from them at the same time.

Backyard operation, but they treated me OK.

Cheers

Trav