PDA

View Full Version : Aldi vs Stanley

artme
26th April 2011, 03:39 PM
Bought a spirit level at Aldi on Sat, for $25.

Exactly the same unit in Bunnies, with a cosmetic change to the handle, is $87 =and no protective carry case!!:o

Charleville
26th April 2011, 07:11 PM
Are you on the level? :D

If so, that's the spirit! :D Get into 'em!

I just about gag every time that I see Stanley wheelbarrows at Bunnings. The quality of the finish and the level of rust on such brand new items is appalling.

Handyjack
26th April 2011, 08:27 PM
Get them in and move them out.
If you don't buy the cheap one in the week (or two) if stocks last, you will be able to buy the more expensive one for the next couple of months or a similar item always at the hardware store.

Handyjack
27th April 2011, 09:44 PM
At my local small non chain hardware store (open 7 days a week) I saw a "Medallist" level with carry bag for under $28.

hughie
1st May 2011, 08:56 PM
What ever you believe, don't believe the Bunnies line about being the lowest prices. Its the old adage 'if tell em often enough they will believe it"

crowie
1st May 2011, 09:24 PM
What ever you believe, don't believe the Bunnies line about being the lowest prices. Its the old adage 'if tell em often enough they will believe it"
That's the truth,
Bunnings is no way the cheapiest hardware & building supplies store.
Mind you they do have a heap of junk like any good "Two Dollar Warehouse".
Cheers, Crowie

Handyjack
1st May 2011, 10:50 PM

Not always the cheapest. Do not have everthing you need (or want). Bad luck if that item you require to finish the project is out of stock. Not always the most convenient store - depending on where you are. Some items are great, others do the job, a few - save your hard earned.

But most of the above could apply to most stores.

AlexS
2nd May 2011, 09:35 AM
Bunnings - more & more of less & less.

Ozkaban
2nd May 2011, 10:17 AM
Bunnings - more & more of less & less.

Thanks Alex - Perfectly put :2tsup:

artme
4th May 2011, 09:58 PM
Yep! Just about fed up with some of their gear. Several times I've had screws that come with fittings - the last one was a gate latch - that are either the wrong type or made from cheese.

hughie
6th May 2011, 02:27 PM
But, Woollies is opening a competitive store in Melbourne called Masters, of which they claim will really stick it to Bunnies

Woolies aims to master hardware (http://www.smh.com.au/business/woolies-aims-to-master-hardware-20110502-1e4y6.html)

They plan 150 stores nationwide in 5 years, Yay!

artme
6th May 2011, 05:20 PM
It will be interesting. Will we simply get more & more & more of less & less & less - more or less??