PDA

View Full Version : Shed catastrophe

Sawdust Maker
3rd May 2011, 10:46 AM
Thought I start a thread for those little disasters in the shed that impact on the quality of life in general :(

Having a play on Friday and listening to the live version of "The Wall" with Van Morrison in full swing. :sing: :band:

The phone rings, so I turn off the amp as is my usual practice. Have conversation. :phone1:
Turn amp back on, nothing, deathly silance. Amp's died, Bugga, RIP. :tdown::weeping: Gees it's only 30 odd years old. ::

Borrow son's ghetto blaster, but it's not the same, doesn't have the depth of sound :no:

I spose the neighbour is happy, doesn't have to listen to Led Zep, Floyd, Wagner etc. at full volume :roll:

Waldo
3rd May 2011, 10:59 AM
:console: I'd be getting that sorted real quick - a shed without Pink Floyd doesn't work, at least not around my shed.

wheelinround
3rd May 2011, 11:17 AM
You could have told me 4 days ago Nick working Amp dumped for rubbish removal already gone.:p

I tossed one years ago good Pioneer one you could have had that if you'd let me know:U

Will keep eyes open for you..................walking round sulking.

Might be time to update outlay for more neighbour friendly system MP3 with :music:

RufflyRustic
3rd May 2011, 02:31 PM
two powerpoints have stopped working, good thing I've got 9 left :cool:

Waldo
3rd May 2011, 02:35 PM
You flicked the two duds on to see if they're working haven't you and that they weren't on and you flicked them off didn't you? :D

Al B
3rd May 2011, 02:44 PM
Noooooo :oo: how are you going to work in the shed now.

wheelinround
3rd May 2011, 03:05 PM

Bout the same as his last job ............:D down tools till its fixed and cleared by all and sundry in triplicate.

Avery
3rd May 2011, 07:26 PM
Might be time to update outlay for more neighbour friendly system MP3 with :music:

Bad Idea!!

These tend to encourage the wearer to sing along. With a 200W amp at full song, nobody can hear the singalong. MP3 player with headphones EVERYBODY can hear it.

There is nothing worse than a bearded 60 year old ex hippy with headphones boogyin around the shed doing the harmonies in "Bohemian Rhapsody". And I can prove it!

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Awful...

wun4us
3rd May 2011, 08:04 PM
'sides without live sound gear, can't hear important things of day like Osama killed dead, Prince marries ordinary girl and creates Duke and Duchess etc etc:roll::roll:

Christos
3rd May 2011, 09:25 PM
At the moment I have the ABC on the radio. :B Left over from the cricket, ah the ashes. :no:

wheelinround
3rd May 2011, 09:55 PM
At the moment I have the ABC on the radio. :B Left over from the cricket, ah the ashes. :no:

You burned your woodwork or your dinner AGAIN Christos :p

RufflyRustic
3rd May 2011, 10:38 PM
You flicked the two duds on to see if they're working haven't you and that they weren't on and you flicked them off didn't you? :D

:cool:

:rotfl:

cookie48
3rd May 2011, 11:15 PM
I prefer Meatloaf myself. Have lost 4 speakers for some reason in my shed. Will have to rewire them all I suppose. Bloody mice plauge here at present.

Sawdust Maker
4th May 2011, 02:48 PM
Looked up the date - purchased the hifi and this amp in December 1980
I've just dropped it off at the amp doctor - we'll see what the prognosis is

:console: I'd be getting that sorted real quick - a shed without Pink Floyd doesn't work, at least not around my shed.

Got the ghetto blaster - but it's just not the same :no:

Got one of them but I like to listen to the machinery as well that way you can pick up any odd sounds. The noise cancelling headphones are especially good at the gym so you don't have to listen to that rubbish they got playing.

Besides the neighbour needs educating :wink:

two powerpoints have stopped working, good thing I've got 9 left :cool:

Gees lucky that didn't happen - only have two powerpoints :doh:

Great comment Waldo :2tsup:

I prefer Meatloaf myself. Have lost 4 speakers for some reason in my shed. Will have to rewire them all I suppose. Bloody mice plauge here at present.

Don't mind meatloaf - goes well with mashed potatos and gravy :p
Good luck finding the speakers
Just looked at a second hand set - just what I need at each end of the lathe :U

Ross
8th May 2011, 08:57 AM
Nick

I'll check in the garage, I think I put an old Pioneer amp/am radio in there when fm started.

Ross

Tom the Tin Man
8th May 2011, 04:45 PM

I've got the Pink Floyd all sorted :cool:. Now, if I just had a shed I'd be laughing.
Tom

Little by little, the night turns around.