PDA

View Full Version : Ball Turner from plans.

aametalmaster
11th May 2011, 11:42 AM
Some may have already seen my ball turner on other forums but i want to share it here. I built it for my SBL 10K lathe and the plans said it would do a 3" ball. So i wanted to make sure. I think mine will do a 3 3/4" ball if i ever want one that big. It will cut a radius also like for pipe/tubing bending die's. But anyway here is a small 1" ball and the big 3" just for fun. Now to make a big nut for it. I have the plans on my yahoo sbl group for free if anyone should want a nice project...Bob

aametalmaster
11th May 2011, 12:11 PM
I made most of this a few years ago but i still do some of it when people want a piece. I just used an el chepo HF bender but i did use a shopoutfitters scroller which i motorized to make it easier on my old body...Bob

Dave J
11th May 2011, 01:03 PM
That ball turner turn out good, and could be fitted on most any lathe. Your handy work with metal is great as well,:2tsup:
Thanks for posting.

Dave
PS
I had better not show my wife this as I have been promising to make her a scroll light holder for years,LOL

aametalmaster
11th May 2011, 01:17 PM
Here is another passion. I make these O Scale ceiling train bridges from sq tubing mig welded up in my shop. My goal was to make ten and i am at fifteen. This was going to be my retirement project...Bob

Stustoys
11th May 2011, 01:47 PM
Looks at the roof of my garage....... I got to have me one of those!
Great work Bob.

neksmerj
11th May 2011, 04:22 PM
Bob,

Wrought iron
Your missus must be so, so, understanding, or was it the new outfit and bag of diamonds that did the trick. Is it distracting watching tele when a train roars over your head?

A train loop running from the fridge to the couch........now we're talking.

Ball turner, any chance you could put up a link here, it's a pain in the neck trying to get into those yahoo groups. That concept looks like simplicity itself. Good stuff.

Ken