PDA

View Full Version : Norton Grinding Wheels - Another Scan

Anorak Bob
12th May 2011, 11:41 AM
I have no idea if there is even the remotest interest in this stuff I scan.

This is a copy of one of a number of trade show catalogues and brochures kindly loaned to me by a fellow forum member. I thought that there may be a glimmer of interest in it given the recent posts regarding grinding. I do have better quality PDF's of these pages.

Norton published a small book on tool room grinding. Copies are sometimes available on Ebay.

BT

Stustoys
12th May 2011, 12:47 PM
BT,
I always look at your scans even if I don't comment. "one of each" came to mind for your Bridgeport scans :)

For those that can't remember what the wheel shapes are(like me).
Pacific Grinding Wheel - Types and Shapes of Grinding Wheels and Segments (http://pacificgrindingwheel.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=182&Itemid=0)

Stuart

Pete F
12th May 2011, 01:00 PM
OOOOoooohh! I read the title as "... another scam" and had visions of cheap rip-offs of Norton wheels.

I like your scans Bob, especially this one, as I'd like to get more wheels.

Pete

Edit: I'm not so sure about the image of the guy free-handing the end mill sharpening though. That wouldn't be a staged photo by any chance would it ;)

bollie7
12th May 2011, 02:05 PM
OOOOoooohh! I read the title as "... another scam" and had visions of cheap rip-offs of Norton wheels.
Peter
Thats funny, because I did exactly the same thing. maybe its an age thing.:doh:
bollie7

RayG
12th May 2011, 02:51 PM
Hi BT,

Thanks for the scans, like others I appreciate the effort, as it happens I'm on a steep learning curve with all the different grinding wheels and the sometimes subtle differences between the different compounds.

Very timely.

Thanks
Ray

neksmerj
12th May 2011, 03:11 PM
AB

Your time and effort, is never wasted. I too first read it as scam, then was slightly disappointed there was no juicy scandal in it.

Good info to have, what's next? WA wines?

Ken

Anorak Bob
12th May 2011, 03:13 PM
Ray,

It becomes difficult when you don't know it the chatter marks in your ground surface are a result of, vibration resulting from worn motor bearings, incorrectly adjusted spindle bearings, incorrect feed rate, loose gibs or the wrong wheel type. And that's with a simple little tool post grinder.:no:

BT

Anorak Bob
12th May 2011, 03:24 PM
Now that I know there is some interest in this stuff I will continue with the occasional scan
KJ, I'm not a wine connoisseur, so you will dip out of a treatise on the local product.

BT

Jekyll and Hyde
12th May 2011, 07:58 PM
Now that I know there is some interest in this stuff I will continue with the occasional scan
BT

:2tsup::2tsup:

Please do!