PDA

View Full Version : It's cursed I tells ya !

himzol
10th December 2004, 02:19 PM
Ok, for some time now... almost a year I've been trying to finish a patio table which is to replace a sadly weathered piece of plastic pretending to be a table.

the problem is that if I so much as think about doing anything to the assemblage of timber which will one day form this table something comes up that requires imidiate attention.

Case in point - last weekend I thought now is the time to glue up the frame, I hear a yell where's this water coming from. Ok the rest of the weekend was spent digging out and replacing a burst water pipe, mutter, mutter.
So far the furthest I've gotten with this table is dry assembly of the frame, should I be looking for an excorsist or perhaps a good witch doctor?

Or pehaps I should be adopting the Victorian AL-uminium hat approach?

Himzo.

echnidna
10th December 2004, 02:25 PM
Dunno if a foil hat would work as a table, probably too low to the ground.

HappyHammer
10th December 2004, 02:25 PM
This weekend walk out in the garden and shout loudly "Oh **** the shed doors fallen off". Then tell SWMBO that it needs to be fixed to protect the valuables inside and that you need to work on it from the inside and that the door can't be moved in the meantime.

Prepare by putting enough beverages and food in the shed to keep you going all day and complete the table. When returning to the house repeat your story above to SWMBO adding the garage door to the long list of incidents. She may feel sorry enough for you to allocate more time in the shed to fix up the table which you can spend however you like.

HH.

jackiew
10th December 2004, 03:08 PM
Prepare by putting enough beverages and food in the shed to keep you going all day and complete the table.
HH.

if the door is going to be wedged shut for any length of time I suggest you also have a bucket in there with you, you may find it useful :D

RETIRED
10th December 2004, 06:26 PM
Doesn't everyones shed have a toilet like mine? :D

if the door is going to be wedged shut for any length of time I suggest you also have a bucket in there with you, you may find it useful

bitingmidge
10th December 2004, 06:53 PM
Why not do as I do??

Just stick it on the list and call it another work in progress?

That way you get to start heaps of other things as well and never get frustrated about lack of progress!

Cheers,

P :D

outback
10th December 2004, 07:21 PM

Why not do as I do??

How strange! :eek:

Iain
11th December 2004, 09:49 AM
Thankfully no, I remember the last time I used it I burnt me bum on the electric jug behind me :D :D :D

RETIRED
11th December 2004, 11:22 PM
Thankfully no, I remember the last time I used it I burnt me bum on the electric jug behind me :D :D :D
Moved it after that (jug, I mean). Tea never tasted much good after that. :D

oges
12th December 2004, 09:46 PM
Sounds like a project that would benefit SWMBO and would therefore qualify for shed time to complete without resorting to sneaky business. But to be safe take the phone off the hook and wear good ear protection so no emergenices can disturb you.

himzol
13th December 2004, 09:16 AM

Pretty much what has happened to it !

dam list just keeps getting longer and longer, friend came over last night and comisioned a piece. lucky for me its basicaly a flat board which she can use to roll pastry out on.

The toilet would have been a usefull thing last week though, we've had some un-seasonal weather in soth Oz and a bug got through my defences. I won't go into details but the phrase "eye of the needle" will put you in the picture.

Sounds like a project that would benefit SWMBO and would therefore qualify for shed time to complete without resorting to sneaky business. But to be safe take the phone off the hook and wear good ear protection so no emergenices can disturb you.

I get plenty of shed time, it's just that when I so much as move towards this particuler project things seem to happen. :confused: So I've decide to put it in the corner and avoid it for a while so that I can get a few things finished.

Himzo