PDA

View Full Version : Software review - Password Problem Solved

Groggy
12th May 2011, 05:33 PM
My work requires me to have a large quantity of passwords and security. I have over 50 different passwords just for work, all different, with varying lengths and characters but none under 8 characters and most now requiring mixes of alphas, uppercase, numbers and special characters.

Then there are the banks. Account details, logins, passwords, pins, phone numbers, member numbers etc. I could go on into Web logins, safe combos, memberships, door access codes, email settings, Frequent Flyers, credit cards and a host of other similar things but I am sure you all have the same issues.

I have managed pretty well until the recent insistence on special characters in the passwords, they broke the memory bank and I needed to start writing them down. Now, writing my stuff down can get me out of a job and into strife if I'm not careful, so something pretty secure was needed.

After a lot of searching I found a product that uses 256 bit blowfish encryption, it is called mSecure (http://msevensoftware.com/msecure_windows) and has just what I needed:

It will run on Windows 7, iPad (IOS), Mac and Android and it can synch the data between the lot of them.

After a bit of use I have also created a template for my home network so I have all my MAC addresses, fixed IPs, WAN and LAN IPs pluus other device settings stored away.

Finally, a backup is an encrypted email to my google account - very fast! You have to pay for a licence for each device but for me this is cheap and has solved what was becoming a very uncomfortable security problem.

RufflyRustic
13th May 2011, 10:20 AM
you are not the only one with this problem!! :( (memory and too many passwords)

thanks for tip! :2tsup: