PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

bellyup
14th May 2011, 12:14 PM
G'day All,
It's been some time since I have posted here, I apologise for my sudden departure.
I have suffered with CFS for some years and the last few have been a bit tough and all my energies have been directed to my business - I didn't feel I could make much of a contribution. I'd like to think the worst is over , anyway enough about me.
Ed, really sorry to hear you're blowing Taps, make sure you stick around, I think everyone learns something with your input!
Vern, your website and turnings are fantastic as ever.
, well - somethings never change and isn't that good!
Jefferson, I'm sure you can hand in the "little grasshopper" moniker by now?
I'd like to extend an open invitation to all forumites heading up this way to Broken Hill and into the outback to pop in and say hello - if I can help out in any way I will.
All the best,
Bruce.

Ed Reiss
14th May 2011, 12:24 PM
Bruce...I can certainly empathize with what your going through. It kind of beats you down to the floor every chance it gets. One thing that the doc told me...she said that when a body gets to feeling down like that for an extended period of time, depression sets in. REALLY??? Never would have thought that:roll:

Oh, well, there's a bottle of rum in the kitchen calling.
Later

bellyup
14th May 2011, 12:36 PM
Thanks Ed,
Yep, the "Black Dog" as Winston Churchill described it, is always lurking in the shadows.
Stay well,
Bruce.

jefferson
15th May 2011, 10:10 AM
Good to see you back, Bruce. We all hope your health improves!

As for my moniker, there's an old saying that you don't get to choose your nickname.

bellyup
15th May 2011, 11:22 AM
Hello Mate!
How's the kitchen and the snakes?

jefferson
15th May 2011, 06:54 PM
Bruce,

I better talk some turning stuff before the Mods shuffle us off-line.

I'm still taking lessons - 1/2 inch spindle gouge stuff still with , micro gouges with Ken W. Jim C. just sits back and puffs his chest out. Getting some good value too out of some Jimmy Clewes DVDs.

Sad to say, but my purchases are becoming less and less frequent. Dare I say it, almost not a lot left to buy? Aside from another lathe, some more chisels and a spare Tormek. :D:D:D

The kitchen is functional, tops on, everything connected. Still to fit the doors and drawer fronts.......

Not a sign of a snake for almost 12 months!!! :2tsup:

Save some more of that Red Lancewood / Dead Finish you get from up your way. The colour is superb.

artme
15th May 2011, 08:04 PM
Good to see you back Bruce!:):) :) Stay positive, and if you are on medication to keep The Black Dog at bay then stay on it!

I know from bitter experience that given half a chance, the hound will sink his fangs in to a very uncomfortable depth.

TTIT
16th May 2011, 10:24 AM
Glad you've dived back in Bruce - there's just not enough of us desert-timber nuts around these days :;:U