PDA

View Full Version : Aja

springwater
14th May 2011, 11:48 PM
What do you say
YouTube - Steely Dan plays Aja live

artme
15th May 2011, 09:15 AM
Interesting blend of almost everything I like in music. The use of a latino beat is the most interesting feature.

kiwigeo
27th May 2011, 10:36 PM
Not a bad rendition but I find Fagen's voice a bit strained these days and Ive never seen anyone quite match the Steve Gad drum fills on the original version of this number.

BTW a remastered version of this epic album is availble on iTunes.

Sebastiaan56
24th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Well, I have tickets to the concert in October WOOO HOOO!!!!

derekcohen
24th June 2011, 04:20 PM
Well, I have tickets to the concert in October WOOO HOOO!!!!

So do I! :)

Regards from Perth

Derek

Sebastiaan56
24th October 2011, 06:26 AM
Well the concert was awesome!! Ive waited about 35 years to see them and was not disappointed. Sure, Fagan's voice is fading and Becker looks like a heart attack waiting to happen but the music was sublime. Steve Winwood opened for them. Nice to hear music with lots of breathing space. Awesome night!

BTW Martin, I agree with you comments on the Aja track but the rest of the band were phenomonal.

derekcohen
24th October 2011, 12:49 PM
I saw/heard them last week. Fantastic. Just too loud all along, and even more so at the end (it is as though the sound engineer believes that one must turn the volume up to generate musicality - Winwood was much worse). I was a few rows from the front, which didn't help there, but it was great to get a close up of two of my favourite artists. I agree Becker looked uncomfortable. Fagan made up for this with boundless energy. Great concert.

Regards from Perth

Derek