PDA

View Full Version : Hello

cedargirl
17th May 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi all

I'm new to the forum and haven't posted before.

I've been trying to find out from FAQ/searching/help how to upload a custom avatar, but I'm not having much luck.

Can anyone help?

LGS
17th May 2011, 04:15 PM
Hi CG,
Welcome to the house of fun!
To change your avatar, go to User CP at the top left hand end of the functions bar, then go to the Edit Avatar function and follow the directions regarding inserting your own avatar, which are under the list of machine generated avatars.

Regards,

Rob

Grommett
17th May 2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome to our shed. Good luck with the avatar biz.:2tsup:

munruben
18th May 2011, 09:43 PM
Welcome to our little corner of the world. :2tsup:

Christos
19th May 2011, 08:09 PM
I am glad that I caught this before you uploaded a different Avatar. As it seems like you might have been a little bit like the avatar currently showing. I also welcome you to the forum.

cedargirl
11th June 2011, 06:17 PM
Hi CG,
Welcome to the house of fun!
To change your avatar, go to User CP at the top left hand end of the functions bar, then go to the Edit Avatar function and follow the directions regarding inserting your own avatar, which are under the list of machine generated avatars.

Regards,

Rob

I'm trying to change my avatar.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. But I need more!

When I go to User CP and then Edit Avatar, all I get is an option not to use an avatar or a choice of about 20 machine generated avatars. I can't find any directions regarding inserting my own.
Maybe the one that is showing is the most appropriate ... but I'd really like to change it.
Thanks

Andrewo
11th June 2011, 09:42 PM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum so might not be much use, but some other forums don't let you make changes like that until you've "done your time" and have a certain number of posts up.

Keep posting and see what happens.

Claw Hama
11th June 2011, 10:17 PM
I don't think that should mater, down under the avitars you should find some more buttons that alow you to upload your own avitar. If this isn't working I'm sure a moderator will be along soon.
Welcome to the forum anyway Cedargirl, what area of woodwork are you into? You need to look up the Wood Whispering Women threads, lots of talented ladies on this site. Ok have fun.

Sturdee
11th June 2011, 11:28 PM
I think it is the same as signatures, no of pm's and moderation of posts etc, with new members, as per Ubeaut's post (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f36/who-can-tell-me-where-i-can-set-my-signature-135234/#post1322623)and further post. (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f36/private-message-numbers-have-they-been-changing-130118/#post1265847)

Peter.