PDA

View Full Version : Perth Turners

smidsy
11th December 2004, 11:20 PM
Hei Guys
I am going to make myself a set of sharpening jigs the same as the ones at Liddleow Turners club.
To do it I need 1300mm of 25mm square tubing and about 400mm of 30mm square tubing but I have to buy the steel in half lengths which is about 3 metres per size.
Is there anyone here that wants to make the same jigs but like me doesn't want to buy excess steel that will sit and rust?
I would like to sell the steel that I will have left over because I do little metal work these days and have a decent junk pile for most odd jobs
Not looking to make money, the steel is going to cost me about $20 for the 25mm and $28 for the 30mm, and would I be looking to sell for my cost (pro-rata of course) only.
PM me if interested, probably going to buy the steel this week.

Cheers
Paul

vsquizz
11th December 2004, 11:31 PM
Smidsy, I have some 25 mm box, come past an grab it mate, two lengths about 6 foot somewhere in the pile oh crap down the back. Hammy Hill if your interested.

Cheers

smidsy
15th December 2004, 12:46 AM
Hei Guys,
I was all set to take vsquizz up on his offer when I literally tripped over some 25mm tube at my uncles place.
I still had to buy a 4 metre half length of the 30mm though so if anyone else wants to make these jigs let me know.

Cheers
Paul