PDA

View Full Version : 2011 T&WWW Show - The Washup and Photos

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 11:40 AM
Well Well Well! What a Wonderful Weekend at the Wood Show :U Here are all the photos I took.

1. Forum Stand set up
2. mkypenturner
3. The UBeaut Stand with Neil, Pauline and - this was the best photo I could get, for most of the rest of the time the stand was crowded :2tsup:
4. We had the best view from the Forum Stand - Mark's Camphor, Mal's Red Cedar
5. mkypenturner and nosnow
6 7 8 9 10. The Forum Cabinet

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 11:53 AM
the next set: Please let me know if I get any names wrong, or miss someone.

1. dai sensei, gawdelpus and woodhacker
2. Denim and Skot
3. fishflog, Sapling, Enfield Guy and Skot
4. Posting while in the Lounge
5. (from the right) Soundman, dai sensei, mkypenturner, and, down in the corner, teaching Wizened of Oz to use a skew chisel.
6. PenQueen and fellow club member - Apologies, I blurred this one badly:rolleyes:
7. Robomanic and others
8. Me
9. Myself, two others and Bushmiller
10. thompy
11. TTIT and D :)
11. Wendy and Stuart Faulkner, Director of Sturt School for Wood

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 11:57 AM
more again

1 2 3 4 5 6 Carrolls' Stand with Doug demonstrating Pyrography, Terry demonstrating Turning and Peter right in the middle where it was very crowded. Irene and Jim are in there somewhere, most likley the blurs as they were always busy :)

The next lot are from Dinner out Saturday night - Thanks dai sensei for arranging this! :2tsup:

7 Irene and Jim
8 A big downpour meant Neil looked like he'd be dining in the rain for a while
9 Jim and Neil
10 John (and Vita- not in photo) from Tasmanian Timbers, Peter and Doug
11 12 enjoying the last
13 Neil and Irene
14 Terry and Wendy
15 Stan and Family, Jim (back Right) and Terry (front)

A Duke
23rd May 2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks RR.
I haven't been nagging you but I have been as impatient as most ( maybe not as bad as Cliff)
So where is he ? the pics are Up.
Regards

gawdelpus
23rd May 2011, 12:53 PM
the next set: Please let me know if I get any names wrong, or miss someone.

1. dai sensei, gawlepus and woodhacker

Hehe ! You did a great job Wendy :2tsup::2tsup:
Cheers John :D

wheelinround
23rd May 2011, 01:18 PM
:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: well done Wendy

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 01:39 PM
Thanks RR.
I haven't been nagging you but I have been as impatient as most ( maybe not as bad as Cliff)
Regards

Terrible aren't I, dragging it out for so long :;:D Cliff wasn't able to make it down this year, unfortunately.

Hehe ! You did a great job Wendy :2tsup::2tsup:
Cheers John :D
:B Thanks John, fixed now.

thanks Wheelin:)

gawdelpus
23rd May 2011, 02:49 PM
hehe ! I think we should try and replicate a few "copies" of "Wendies" around the states so QLD doesn't have such an unfair advantage at these events :D cheers ~ John

Wizened of Oz
23rd May 2011, 02:51 PM
Hello Wendy

Thanks and congratulations. You did a sterling task in organising the Forum Stand and manning it for three whole days. And a great job on the cabinet.

On missed names, in the second lot of photos you missed photo 5. That is (from the right) Soundman, dai sensei, mkypenturner, and, down in the corner, teaching Wizened of Oz to use a skew chisel.

wheelinround
23rd May 2011, 02:53 PM
hehe ! I think we should try and replicate a few "copies" of "Wendies" around the states so QLD doesn't have such an unfair advantage at these events :D cheers ~ John

I am sure Wendy would love an all expenses paid trip to SWWS.

crow400
23rd May 2011, 03:03 PM
Back from the show and had a great time - bought some things and did a lot of walking. Really enjoyed the Forum Lounge and the coffee. Many thanks to Wendy and the other kind souls who made that possible. Already looking forward to next year.
Bruce

Christos
23rd May 2011, 03:20 PM
Well done on the photos. Well done on the cabinet stand. Blends in nicely with the rest of the display.

Rattrap
23rd May 2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the pics Wendy, looks like you all had a great time. Thanks to all those who put in time at the stand & took part to promote our fav lil hangout online. :2tsup::2tsup:

Christopha
23rd May 2011, 06:44 PM
Well done Wendy, maybe next year for me.......

dai sensei
23rd May 2011, 06:44 PM
Great photos Wendy :2tsup:

Thank you for putting in the huge effort arrangng the stall, it was enjoyed by many thirsty forumites with tired feet, and future forumites looking for info :U

Superbunny
23rd May 2011, 09:53 PM
Whats this Wendy? No photos of me?:D:D

SB

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 10:32 PM
:o :C

Cliff Rogers
23rd May 2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks RR.
Regards
Been working, here now, reading, matching names to faces, a few I don't know in there.

How come the ones that Wendy is in are in focus & (most of) the ones she isn't in are blurry? :think:
Maybe a ADHT or just DTs? :D

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 10:53 PM
The Thank You's: The Forum Stand and Lounge was a great success, thanks to the support and contribution from these wonderful people all listed above. It was an honour to meet and work with you all. Special Mention though is needed:

mkypenturner - for helping me setup the stand Thursday afternoon
nosnow - for that great cup of coffee and setting up the laptops
dai sensei - for helping to pack up both the Forum Stand and UBeaut's as well, for organising dinner Saturday night
U & Beaut - for the opportunity to have so much fun and give back to the woodworking community
- for rendering me speechless:B
Liz and Rick and their EEE Team - for supplying the tea, coffee, hot water, cold milk and water and the Lounge.
The 7 Forumites who donated prizes for the impromptu Forum Lounge Prize Draw

thank you everyone!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 10:54 PM
yeah, dts. good answer Cliff:):2tsup:

RufflyRustic
23rd May 2011, 11:03 PM
what was good at the show and what wasn't so good.

Not so good
The Show oval was too wet to park on first thing Sunday am so we had to park much further away and it was a long walk with the two laptops and box, but the exercise was good.

The Good Stuff
I thought the quality of the Show, especially the timber was outstanding this year.
There were salad wraps at the catering stands
The Show totally rocked on Friday and Saturday, it was very busy, which was good.
Ubeaut's stand was so crowded at times that I didn't bother even trying to walk past.
Carroll's was busy as and crowded too
The natural disasters experienced in Australia this year have had an effect on us, but the crowds still came, asked questions and made their purchases.
The bottes of water in the lounge were very much appreciated and needed.

Tim the Timber Turner
24th May 2011, 11:41 AM
I enjoyed the show this year.

Thought the rain was a bit warmer than usual.:rolleyes:

Cheers
Tim:)
(back in South Aus where the rain is defiantly colder).

RETIRED
24th May 2011, 06:40 PM
- for rendering me speechless:B

:wink::D