PDA

View Full Version : Table lamp

Ad de Crom
24th May 2011, 04:59 AM
Made this spherical table lamp on request for the renovated house for my dear daughter.
The lampshade is made of yellow pine (nice smelling stuff) and is segmented.
The wallthickness is a little more than 2mm.
The foot and stem is made out a 20 mm thick white oak table top, not quite sure about the white oak, for the same money it's rubberwood, and so for the biggest part segmented.
The light source is an electricity saving lamp of 15 Watt, produced just a small amount of heat.
Making the segmented thin lamp shade was tricky and challenging.
The diameter of the shade is 300mm, and the total height 740mm.
This project kept me busy for a while.
Cheers, and thanks for looking.:)
Ad

dr4g0nfly
24th May 2011, 08:12 AM
Works for me, you could also use a compact energy saving bulb, brighter light but cooler temperature.

Claw Hama
24th May 2011, 08:33 AM
Very funky Ad:2tsup::U

Ozkaban
24th May 2011, 09:01 AM
That's really neat, Ad :2tsup:

Michael Spain
24th May 2011, 09:10 AM
A very good job, congratulations.:2tsup:

Cliff Rogers
24th May 2011, 09:21 AM
Works for me, you could also use a compact energy saving bulb, brighter light but cooler temperature.
Yes but... try it first, I have found that in a lot of these, the bulb is certainly cooler but the base runs hot.

wheelinround
24th May 2011, 10:44 AM
Ad thats amazing work

Sawdust Maker
24th May 2011, 11:14 AM
nice stuff

thompy
24th May 2011, 04:43 PM

Yes but... try it first, I have found that in a lot of these, the bulb is certainly cooler but the base runs hot.

I think u fellers must have missed his comment, he has one in use...

Made this spherical table lamp on request for the renovated house for my dear daughter.
The lampshade is made of yellow pine (nice smelling stuff) and is segmented.
The wallthickness is a little more than 2mm.
The foot and stem is made out a 20 mm thick white oak table top, not quite sure about the white oak, for the same money it's rubberwood, and so for the biggest part segmented.
The light source is an electricity saving lamp of 15 Watt, produced just a small amount of heat.
Making the segmented thin lamp shade was tricky and challenging.
The diameter of the shade is 300mm, and the total height 740mm.
This project kept me busy for a while.
Cheers, and thanks for looking.:)
Ad

It's a lovely work Ad, tool control to keep the wall thickness so thin without breaking through, lovely shape, it would have had me sweating waiting for catches. well done.

Neal.

hughie
24th May 2011, 10:04 PM
]Yes but... try it first, I have found that in a lot of these, the bulb is certainly cooler but the base runs hot

Yeah found the same, fair bit of energy being used up as well, maybe Ad has a better variety of bulb. :?

Ad, nice work, 2mm in pine :2tsup: not my cup of tea, all the same a good outcome and your daughter will be very happy with it.

artme
25th May 2011, 09:33 AM
Most interesting piece Ad!!! Certainly has a n unusual light also!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

cookie48
25th May 2011, 04:57 PM
That is very nice. Makes the one's I have done look like nothing.

Ad de Crom
25th May 2011, 06:57 PM
Thank you guys for your attention and nice comments.
Ad