PDA

View Full Version : from the ashes to the new WIP

karl164
24th May 2011, 08:51 PM
Things are slowly progressing with the clean up ,all our family and friends are helping to put some order back into the back yard.The pictures tell the story.The next major step will be cutting down the two trees that were burnt and toooooo close to my next shed ,.Will keep you updated as we go .(my surgery has been put back to the 8th june ) so will keep in touch,:2tsup:

wun4us
24th May 2011, 09:03 PM
Hell of a mess Karl....you know your mates at these times!:2tsup:

Christos
24th May 2011, 09:46 PM
That's not good.

I guess you are thinking now more on how you work so the new shed will be setup with that in mind.

wheelinround
24th May 2011, 10:03 PM
:o how why bummer. AH new shed :2tsup: lots of salvage in the rubble think before you turf it.

Sawdust Maker
25th May 2011, 04:12 PM
what a bummer

I'll watch the rebuild with interest

cookie48
25th May 2011, 05:35 PM
Lookiing forward to this WIP. All the best with your endevours.

karl164
2nd June 2011, 08:50 PM
Well we spent another weekend with friends and family getting more done,One mate turned up with a truck and hiab and another turned up with a bobcat .I got stuck up the top with the hiab cutting down the two big trees.Belive me it felt like a bloody longggggg way up.We have now got to the stage that everything is cleaned up ready for the shed to start.I left the tree trunks at about 2 mtrs and now plan to carve some dolphin,s out of one and an eagle out of the other .this will be a definate trial and error job ,wish me luck All the best to you all till the next edition Karl Ps the date with the bobcat is wrong

Christos
2nd June 2011, 09:31 PM
Still watching the progress.

If he showed up before the fire why did he not warn you? :)

wun4us
2nd June 2011, 11:43 PM
Well we spent another weekend with friends and family getting more done,One mate turned up with a truck and hiab and another turned up with a bobcat .I got stuck up the top with the hiab cutting down the two big trees.Belive me it felt like a bloody longggggg way up.We have now got to the stage that everything is cleaned up ready for the shed to start.I left the tree trunks at about 2 mtrs and now plan to carve some dolphin,s out of one and an eagle out of the other .this will be a definate trial and error job ,wish me luck All the best to you all till the next edition Karl Ps the date with the bobcat is wrong

It must have been a hell of a view from the lofty heights though:D:D
Those trees look as though there will be more than enough to make a dolphin and eagle and still more..:)

I guess the small coloured articles in the right hands are the welcome soft drink on a warm day after a lot of sweat:o

RufflyRustic
3rd June 2011, 09:50 AM
Hi Karl, great to see this thread. I'll be watching with interest :)

cheers
Wendy

karl164
11th June 2011, 09:20 PM
Started carving my stump ,took two days to rough out so now it up to the refinement stage .I had both hands operated on for carpel tunnel and tendons repaired on the 8th so i am doing one finger typing I will be out of action for about 6 weeks and the boredom is allready giving me the trots(polite way of saying it).The ground is now ready for concrete so untill My hands recover there will be little progress All the best Karl ps the treestump is 2.5mtrs high dolphine,s will be life size

rhancock
11th June 2011, 10:23 PM
Nice work, Karl. Normally I'm not a fan of carvings, but I can see that dolphin leaping through the waves! Keep it up.

wun4us
11th June 2011, 10:40 PM
Started carving my stump ,took two days to rough out so now it up to the refinement stage .I had both hands operated on for carpel tunnel and tendons repaired on the 8th so i am doing one finger typing I will be out of action for about 6 weeks and the boredom is allready giving me the trots(polite way of saying it).The ground is now ready for concrete so untill My hands recover there will be little progress All the best Karl ps the treestump is 2.5mtrs high dolphine,s will be life size

Looks great Karl...real lifelike:2tsup::2tsup:

Grommett
20th June 2011, 08:35 PM
Hi Karl, just caught up with this recovery thread. It was a helluva mess but looking better. I like the carving to date and look forward to the WIP.:2tsup: