PDA

View Full Version : Wooden woodwind instrument finishing

Vardges
27th May 2011, 04:24 PM
Hi everybody here. I have make an apricot wood woodwind instrument called Duduk. Now i want to finish it but i don't know what is the best finishing for apricot wood. As an instrument it shouldn't wear out its color so early. Please tell me a finishing type that can give longevity to its natural look. Thanks in advance.

burraboy
30th May 2011, 06:19 AM
Apricot oil if you can find it, Almond oil if you cannot. Any pics of the duduk?

Vardges
31st May 2011, 04:42 AM
Here is a duduk. I want to get quality and long-lasting nice look.

Apricot oil if you can find it, Almond oil if you cannot. Any pics of the duduk?

burraboy
1st June 2011, 07:10 AM
Very nice! I'll bet they are loud too! There are a lot of finger holes, are there thumb holes as well, and what is the fingering for your duduks?

Vardges
8th June 2011, 06:01 AM
Hello, burraboy. Duduk is one of the most famous woodwind instruments by nations. It is Armenian. You can listen to it in the following links:

YouTube - ‪Armenian Duduk on Yanni Live! The Concert Event‬‏

stevemc32
8th June 2011, 10:38 PM
Wow, the Duduk certainly has a great sound, thanks for posting the link Vardges, a beautiful piece of music.

I can't help with your finishing question but I hope you get it sorted out.

Harry72
9th June 2011, 12:18 PM
Nice piece of music, the dukuk and violin sound surreal together.

CutSetter
20th July 2011, 01:10 PM
Hello Vardges

Almond Oil is the traditional finish for woodwind instruments.

How to is here: Oiling the bore of clarinets and other wooden-bodied woodwinds (http://www.shwoodwind.co.uk/HandyHints/oilingbore.htm)

googoolek
12th February 2012, 02:09 PM
Hi everybody here. I have make an apricot wood woodwind instrument called Duduk. Now i want to finish it but i don't know what is the best finishing for apricot wood. As an instrument it shouldn't wear out its color so early. Please tell me a finishing type that can give longevity to its natural look. Thanks in advance.
how did you find edged apricot wood i live in Canada very hard for me to find it
good luck