PDA

View Full Version : new shed underway

Pappy
3rd June 2011, 09:06 AM
After some delay the permits are through and thje site has been cleared.

The shed will be 30 mtrs by 7.5 mtrs with 3 roller doors.:2tsup:

the slab was set out and poured yesterday

the kit is on site and if the weather holds I hope to have it well under way by tuesday.

Pappy

RufflyRustic
3rd June 2011, 09:37 AM
30 metres!!! :o:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

BobL
3rd June 2011, 10:11 AM
It still won't be big enough - :D

Seiously, it will be great - I'm jealous. :2tsup:

TimberNut
3rd June 2011, 10:28 AM
Jealous as can be! Keep the pics coming!

joez
3rd June 2011, 11:59 AM
Nice. :2tsup:

Christos
3rd June 2011, 02:41 PM
I am guessing that more then just the odd truck will be housed in this shed. :U

:2tsup:

Pappy
3rd June 2011, 09:03 PM
No trucks just the "Dragons" rideon mower and maybe the "WB" statesman if it gets retired.

Slab looks great, and I have sorted the frame work out for a fresh start tomorrow ( weather permitting)

It will also have a shower/mensroom fitted.

Pappy

Christos
3rd June 2011, 09:52 PM
Yeah you got the right idea there. The only reason I come inside the house is to use the bathroom. :o :U

Cliff Rogers
3rd June 2011, 09:53 PM
:2tsup:

wun4us
3rd June 2011, 10:03 PM
Im drooling!!!!!!!!!!! and its not the ice cream I'm eating either.:oo: 30m x 7m.........I can't visualise it; would need an intercom system to communicate from one end to the other.

Still, will it be big enough?:(:(

terraaustralis
3rd June 2011, 11:19 PM
That's not a shed!
It's a suburb you're building.

TA

BobR
3rd June 2011, 11:23 PM
That's big! Waiting to see what goes into it.

Cliff Rogers
4th June 2011, 12:10 AM
Does it have a post code?

Shedblog Au
4th June 2011, 08:55 AM
I'm guessing that this shed is about 70 odd square metres bigger than what most here would consider a BIG shed.... Then again that 70 odd square metres is probably bigger than most of the sheds the forum members have, I know thats the case for me. Enjoy the space...Mind you though, one day it will still become too small.

joez
4th June 2011, 09:37 AM
Pappy,

What plans have you got for the fit out? I hope you add to this thread, as the build progresses :wink:

Things like lighting, painting the interior white, overhead storage/mezzanine, power locations both single and 3 phase maybe even a hand stacker to palletise some of my stuffetc... Hand Stacker Forklift 1 Ton 2.5 Meter Hydraulic Lift | eBay (http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hand-Stacker-Forklift-1-Ton-2-5-Meter-Hydraulic-Lift-/220776483612?pt=AU_Hardware&hash=item33674dcb1c)

I am looking at doing something very similar (checking out a place this afternoon) I am looking for idea's on things to do before I fill it up with toys....

joez

Pappy
4th June 2011, 07:46 PM
Thanks folks,

We had about 25 mm of rain overnight which meant I was awake from about 1.00am worrying about today.:((

It took a while to get underway/sort this from that.

But we had a pretty good day stood 5 of the uprights (half)

I am running 3 phase to it as well.

Pappy

Glider
4th June 2011, 08:43 PM
I'm guessing you won't be turning pen blanks or bandsawn boxes in there. Your new shed isn't local, it's global. Good for you! :2tsup: Looking forward to seeing the fitout.

Mick :)

Cliff Rogers
4th June 2011, 10:27 PM
Tjhe Sihed Mahal. :D

Shedblog Au
5th June 2011, 09:05 AM
I am interested to know the brand of shed, I can see from the photos that the frame appears to have flush fitting wall girts and the ridge looks flush as well ? Are the columns and rafters back to back Cee's or something else, cant quite tell from the pics

Sawdust Maker
5th June 2011, 07:07 PM

The shed will be 30 mtrs by 7.5 mtrs with 3 roller doors.:2tsup:

That's simply not fair

Your shed's wider then mine's long :doh:

wun4us
5th June 2011, 07:55 PM
I trust that you have already arranged for the official opening and blessing by the appropriate VIP? Along of course, with the usual scones and chutney and cucumber sangers....and at least a keg!:):rolleyes::rolleyes::2tsup:

Pappy
5th June 2011, 08:17 PM
Had another pretty good day got all the internal frames up and started to fit all the braces to the roof and walls.

Started to fit out the roller doors frames, and then it rained again.

"Shedblog au" it is a "totalspan" and so far it has gone together well. all the girts are per cut and drill so if the first wall is square it saves a lot of time on setout.

PS. The boys are showing signs of wear, I either have to get more beer or draw the wip.

Pappy.

Pappy
7th June 2011, 07:53 PM
Days 3 & 4

All the frame assembled and erected ans all the cladding for the main wall fitted and screwed off.:U

The pumber has hooked up the water and waste.

The fit out will have to take a back seat for a while, I am also in the processof building a new house for the "Dragon"

The roof steel work is all pre-cut to size and screws into play, it took about a day and a half to complete.

Have to work the next couple of days so nothing further until the weekend (if it dosen't rain/snow like today.

Pappy

Goonyella
7th June 2011, 08:28 PM
Wow. Now that's a shed. I will continue to dream.

TimberNut
9th June 2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Pappy, what's with the tiny sideways pictures????

Can you post bigger ones? C'mon, how do you expect us to drool when we can't see all the fine details? :rolleyes:

TN

Christos
9th June 2011, 10:36 AM

Could have taken the photos on his side.

Shedblog Au
9th June 2011, 11:20 AM

Can you post bigger ones? C'mon, how do you expect us to drool when we can't see all the fine details? :rolleyes:

TN

It's easier to sheet the roof when the shed is smaller and on its side....then you just lay it back down, extend it back to original size and jobs done :2tsup:

Harry72
9th June 2011, 11:47 AM
Nice sized shed Pappy long and skinny:)
Finally someone is building comparable size to my little garden shed(12x24m) :D

banjoping
9th June 2011, 12:38 PM
Very nice, although I wouldn't expect much change from 45k when all done!

wun4us
9th June 2011, 04:40 PM
Very nice, although I wouldn't expect much change from 45k when all done!

and even then perhaps still counting.........:(:(

banjoping
9th June 2011, 05:14 PM
and even then perhaps still counting.........:(:(

Still it is a good investment/improvement with steel going up 15% every year. Not getting cheaper that is for sure.

wun4us
10th June 2011, 12:39 PM
Still it is a good investment/improvement with steel going up 15% every year. Not getting cheaper that is for sure.

.....and that's 15% if we are lucky:(:(

Still the price of wood is going higher as well, particularly if the species is "endangered":oo: or in short supply:C

Harry72
10th June 2011, 08:52 PM
Mine was $34k erected and insulated but no concrete

wun4us
10th June 2011, 10:41 PM
Mine was $34k erected and insulated but no concrete

Wot? No floor? bugger if it rains I would have thought...water everywhere:oo:

Pappy
11th June 2011, 07:52 PM
Into the second weekend, both ends were cladded today, guttering fitted and then onto the roof.

Fitting "air cell" insulation which it a lot easier to handle/fit than the normal paper.:2tsup:

Still no real problems that carn't be overcome with a grinder and a hammer ( carn't wait to get back to working with wood).

Pappy

Christos
11th June 2011, 08:36 PM
What's the second slab for? The house?

Bushmiller
11th June 2011, 09:18 PM

Christos,

The DC perhaps:U?

Nice workshop. Just a teeeny bit envious:rolleyes:.

Regards
Paul

wun4us
11th June 2011, 10:50 PM

Nah...that's for the brewery to keep the workers and visitors happy:D:D:2tsup:

BozInOz
12th June 2011, 03:23 PM
very impressive... looking forward to progress.

Pappy
12th June 2011, 06:51 PM
Fitted the roller doors this morning as the roof was was still wet from the heavy frost overnight.

Got most of the roof on but run out of insulation so have to wait until tomorrow,

As for the other slab, I be working on that tomorrow as we will be standing the frame for the "Dragons" new house.

Pappy

danmade
12th June 2011, 07:36 PM
just don't enter it in the australian wood review comp, looks to good

Pat
12th June 2011, 07:38 PM
Pappy, is there a PA door to the veranda?

Looking good, bum, bugger, barsteward!

Christos
12th June 2011, 08:12 PM
As for the other slab, I be working on that tomorrow as we will be standing the frame for the "Dragons" new house.

You have dragons? You lucky fellow. :U

Pappy
13th June 2011, 06:54 PM
Didn't get much done on the shed today,

My two brothers and a mate turned up and we were able to stand the whole frame for the"Dragons" new lare.

Pappy

banjoping
14th June 2011, 06:04 PM

Pappy
Oh well, when the dragon has PMS and is breathing fire, the fair knight can retreat to his steel dungeon.

Pappy
18th June 2011, 06:37 PM
Finished off the roof and fitted the pA doors.

Sparky has started the fit out and will finish it on Monday.

Photo #2 is how it looked inside at @ 8.00 am today,

Then the removal truck arrived and it now looks like photos # 3&4 :C

But on the bright side I now have all my toys back.:U

Pappy

Christos
18th June 2011, 06:45 PM
So much space.

wun4us
21st June 2011, 11:20 PM
Do I spy in the background of the pics some mattresses? Perhaps we have here the answer..........a bedding factory???

Nooooooooo....it couldn't be. Or could it?:oo:

Pappy
22nd June 2011, 07:47 PM
No, no. no no factory, mind you if I don't get the "Dragons" house finished by early October, I will be sleeping in the shed ( and by my self).

Got the last load out of the old shed and started the fit out. I attached my air line to the wall, installed the drop saw bench, fitted the radio and put the beer fridge into position:U. (all I need now is power:(()

Pappy.