PDA

View Full Version : Not good news

Foo
6th June 2011, 08:11 AM
I lost one of my best mates yesterday. He was hit by a semi yesterday while on his bike at Ipswich.:C

Cyclist dead in horror smash | Ipswich News | Local News in Ipswich | Ipswich Queensland Times (http://www.qt.com.au/story/2011/06/06/cyclist-dead-in-smash-warrego-highway/)

Ozkaban
6th June 2011, 09:21 AM
My condolences to you and your mates family. What an awful thing to happen.

Regards,
Dave

Foo
6th June 2011, 09:43 AM
Thanks Dave, it just leaves you feeling gutted!

Carry Pine
8th June 2011, 08:50 PM
It's really bad when it hits home. We read about things often enough but when we know the bloke- and it's final.
It's a message to us all. When on the road, look out for cyclists, kids, animals and whatever else can turn your life or someone else's around.

Graham

Sir Stinkalot
8th June 2011, 08:59 PM
Foo ..... sorry to hear about your loss and that of your friends family. I was reading about the incident today on the bike forums. As stated on the other forum there is no winner in these instances. With any luck road users will stop and think that everybody on the road needs to look out for one another.

Foo
8th June 2011, 09:17 PM
Being both a cyclist and a heavy vehicle driver, I am more than fully aware of what's needed to stay alive on the roads. I was taken out by a truck in my younger days of racing and used up all nine lives then.:o

If you have a really good best mate and haven't made contact for a while. then do it now because you just don't know what's around the corner! It was around 12mths since I last saw him and am sad that I let it go like that, instead of saying come on you slack basted, time for a get together with the crew.:~

keltrader
8th June 2011, 09:29 PM
For most of us, mates are hard to find and difficult to keep. To lose one suddenly is tough, my heart goes out to you and your mate's family. I also feel for the truckie and his family.

Penqueen
9th June 2011, 12:24 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss Foo. It's very hard losing a close friend and death is so very final..... My condolenses to you and your friend's family.

Marg.