PDA

View Full Version : @$#*^% Channel Nine

craigb
16th December 2004, 06:48 PM
Here it is, Australia up against in Perth and is Channel Nine showing the Cricket?

Of course not they've got bloody Current Affair on :mad: :mad:

bitingmidge
16th December 2004, 07:09 PM
Jings I hate that!!!

Thank goodness for baggygreen.com and the ABC...oh bugger Warne's just gone out.

:eek:
P

Cliff Rogers
16th December 2004, 07:33 PM
6:30pm here in FNQ & WIN (our version of ch9) just went back to the Cricket, just in time for the drinks break.

craigb
16th December 2004, 07:42 PM
How does it work? CH9 enter into an agreement with CA to broadcast the cricket, then decide to sorta maybe broadcast it live.

Why doesn't CA demand that they show ALL of it live.

Have you noticed how they delay their telecast by a second or two so that is out of synch with the ABC call?

Cliff Rogers
16th December 2004, 08:13 PM
...Have you noticed how they delay their telecast by a second or two so that is out of synch with the ABC call?
I like that feature, I can be sitting at my desk with the radio on & when something interesting happens, I dive out to the TV in the workshop & see it live(?)

echnidna
16th December 2004, 11:18 PM
Not a problem down here with anything on channel 9 (Win)
We cannot get reception at all for #9

westpest
17th December 2004, 01:41 AM
It's not just 9- Ten made a blue with programming the Japanese grand prix after bathurst and trimmed 16 minutes off the race during each of the first three add breaks and they think that the viewers are to stupid to notice. Of course a fan won't notice almost a third of the race missing. Letters of complaint didn't even get a response.

ptc
17th December 2004, 07:58 AM
down here we cant get 9
so can only watch it on imparja
get up em.
ptc

Zed
17th December 2004, 08:03 AM
Thesaurus :

Cricket : Boring, dull, unimaginably slow, tedious, pointless, WOFTAM, ludicrious, fat unfit men who never mentally matured, pathetic, silly, skin cancer inducing, jingoistic idolisation etc etc etc...

If I was French I would say (In a bad french accent ) : "Pah! I fart in your general direction!"

:D :D :D :D :D

silentC
17th December 2004, 08:47 AM
Sorry Zed, but I think you have cricket confused with golf.

I recently paid $200 to get a new UHF antenna so that we could pick up WIN clearly. It was like watching them play in a blizzard during the New Zealand test. Worth every cent, clear as a bell.

I agree, if they are going to take the contract to broadcast it, they should be forced to broadcast the whole lot live with no interruptions. If people complain because there garbage shows aren't on because of the cricket, they can switch to another channel. There is nothing on TV more important than cricket.

bitingmidge
17th December 2004, 08:50 AM
Cricket is the only reason there is a TV in this house.

P
:D

echnidna
17th December 2004, 08:51 AM
There is nothing on TV more important than cricket.

No wonder these forums are popular

Zed
17th December 2004, 09:27 AM
anything that takes 5 days for a result (or a draw!!!) is a waste. these people should be sent to china to make cheap power tools instead of wasting our time. imagine all the low cost housing or reforestation that could be built on the MCG, SCG, WACA, Adelaide oval, Gabba etc.....

silentC
17th December 2004, 09:33 AM
Granted it's not for those with short attention spans...

DaveInOz
17th December 2004, 09:47 AM
Channel bloody Nein :mad:

earlier in the year they had the rights to the RL state of origin, but showed a pre recorded auto biography of a gAyFL player instead. Not only that but they force Foxtel to play it on a couple of hours delay even if they aren't going to show it live.
All melbourne storm games were aired at about 1am. Pricks :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

DanP
17th December 2004, 10:49 AM
Dave, you live in a state where no one cares about thugby, why would they show it? You're right about Crawford though, he must be gay.

Dan

Zed
17th December 2004, 11:54 AM
One of our esteemed collegues gave me a greenie for my posts in this thread... I should slag cricket more often methinks....

Grunt
17th December 2004, 12:09 PM
One of our esteemed collegues gave me a greenie for my posts in this thread... I should slag cricket more often methinks....

Strange how you get red ones as well

Zed
17th December 2004, 01:06 PM
Cricket still sucks. regardless of the reddies I've just gotten - swines!

Grunt
17th December 2004, 01:13 PM
swines!

And this is coming from an Ape who doesn't like cricket. Wait until we get our dirty hands on you, primate!

bitingmidge
17th December 2004, 04:45 PM
Just to add insult to injury, BaggyGreen LiveScore is falling over every few overs!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

At threefuh can the Pakkis come back???

P

bitingmidge
17th December 2004, 04:48 PM
Fourfuh - no.

Who needs live webupdates anyway?

:D :D :D
P

Grunt
17th December 2004, 04:53 PM
Live updates by Grunt

4/70

fxst
17th December 2004, 05:42 PM
onya Zed A good primate indeed :cool:
Sport should be played not sat on the couch and grow fat watching overpaid humans play the game they get paid to play and listening to hasbeens promoting their advertisers product or books written about how great they think they are........I personally think there should be more pancake chefs on TV so we can get more receipes for them. :D
Pete (The anti TV sports crusader)

bitingmidge
17th December 2004, 06:05 PM
Don't ever confuse cricket with mere sport.

P

Sturdee
17th December 2004, 06:57 PM
Here it is, Australia up against in Perth and is Channel Nine showing the Cricket?

Of course not they've got bloody Current Affair on :mad: :mad:

My pet hate is the fact that all stations seem to ignore their advertised program times because the previous program either runs over time or some station executive thinks we would be interested in the last minutes of a game that runs overtime.

It is not only sport but other shows as well, eg, Australian Idol on 10 always ran late, Dancing with the stars final on 7 ran late and there are many others. This stuffs up video recording of shows you want to tape or later shows on other channels you want to watch.

They do it on purpose to fudge their rating figures. Why they think that the people tuning in to an advertised program want to watch say the last 10 minutes of the boring golf or cricket is beyond me. :(

Surely it is not beyond their ability to accurately calculate the time a program takes and adjust their schedule and advertised guide accordingly. :confused:

In this instance it is great that channel 9 stuck to their program guides and showed A Current Affair even though I never watch that rubbish they call CURRENT as most of it is old stories rehashed.

I notice a lot are complaining about 9 not suddenly, and unadvertised, changing its program but if say a certain major tool store did the same as you advocate and delay their shipping of orders because others wanted it first all hell would break loose amongst us. :D Sorry they do that already. :(

Peter.

fxst
17th December 2004, 09:10 PM
Don't ever confuse cricket with mere sport.
Nope I agree cricket isnt a sport. Its more exciting to watch paint dry :D

Markw
21st December 2004, 06:14 AM
Get A Life

BTW Anything that is played for money is enternainment not sport - they probably all have Actors Equitity Cards.

Some A-Holes have even been known to to call horse racing the "Sport of Kings". In this case they should face the guillotione.

Sport is something done or played for the love of it - not to be paid!!!

JackoH
21st December 2004, 08:36 AM
There are only three sports. Hunting, Shooting and Fishing. All the rest are games.

bitingmidge
21st December 2004, 08:58 AM
BTW Anything that is played for money is not sport

:eek: :eek: :eek:

The only sport I was any good at was two-up, and now you're telling me it was entertainment!!

I'm shattered.

:( :( :(

P

Daddles
21st December 2004, 10:31 AM
Cricket is a wonderful sport. What other sport is played so slowly over such a period that you've got time to sit back and enjoy the subtleties? ... mainly because you've got nothing else to do until the young ladies walk past the hill again.

Yes boys. I to have burnt to a crisp as the afternoon sun at Adelaide oval evaporated the last of my sunscreen. I have wasted hours watching the flannelled fools from the picket fence at square leg. I've even spent a pleasant afternoon on the hill in front of the score board (and discovered that the cricket is just a distraction).

Cricket is the game played in heaven. It has to be - it's the only game where everyone wears white (I'm ignoring the pyjama game and that new 20 over foolishness the poms are inflicting on us).

And speaking of hunting. Back in the fifties I think it was, we had a sniper at Adelaide oval. He was never caught and the first anyone knew of him was when a player collapsed on the field ... shot.
See, in Adelaide, we have the most bizarre crimes.

Richard
haven't finished my morning coffee yet - can you tell?

Grunt
21st December 2004, 10:54 AM
For those who think that cricket isn't a sport, go sport yourself (see definition 8)

Grunt

sport http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/JPG/pron.jpg (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dsport) ( P ) Pronunciation Key (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/ahd4/pronkey.html) (spôrt, sphttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/AHD4/GIF/omacr.gifrt)
n.
<LI type=a>Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
A particular form of this activity.

An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
An active pastime; recreation.

<LI type=a>Mockery; jest: <CITE>He made sport of his own looks.</CITE>
An object of mockery, jest, or play: <CITE>treated our interests as sport.</CITE>
A joking mood or attitude: <CITE>She made the remark in sport.</CITE>

<LI type=a>One known for the manner of one's acceptance of rules, especially of a game, or of a difficult situation: <CITE>a poor sport.</CITE>
Informal. One who accepts rules or difficult situations well.
Informal. A pleasant companion: <CITE>was a real sport during the trip.</CITE>

Informal.

A person who lives a jolly, extravagant life.
A gambler at sporting events.

Biology. An organism that shows a marked change from the normal type or parent stock, typically as a result of mutation.
Maine. See summercater (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=summercater). See Regional Note at summercater (http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=summercater).
Obsolete. Amorous dalliance; lovemaking.

bitingmidge
21st December 2004, 11:30 AM
Oh and for those that have thus far failed to note the references to Pancakes in threads various.

Please note that the term "A Pancake" originated in fact in the great game itself, as a means of describing a pitch which through lack of moisture, consistent bounce and otherwise containing no demons for the batsman was said to be "as flat as ....."

Who knows how it was corrupted to describe a particular culinary delight, but both have their place (particularly on boxing day in front of the Tele if you can't get to the MCG).

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D :D

Zed
21st December 2004, 11:34 AM
[QUOTE=Grunt]For those who think that cricket isn't a sport, go sport yourself (see definition 8)
QUOTE]

I never said it wasnt a sport - just a dull and tedious one. time better spent and all that.

Zed
21st December 2004, 11:35 AM
Oh and for those that have thus far failed to note the references to Pancakes in threads various.

Please note that the term "A Pancake" originated in fact in the great game itself, as a means of describing a pitch which through lack of moisture, consistent bounce and otherwise containing no demons for the batsman was said to be "as flat as ....."

Who knows how it was corrupted to describe a particular culinary delight, but both have their place (particularly on boxing day in front of the Tele if you can't get to the MCG).

Cheers,

P
:D :D :D :D

Midge, thats some serious nerd-dom you're displaying.... Idoit savant perhaps ? :D

silentC
21st December 2004, 11:37 AM
Midge, thats some serious nerd-dom you're displaying.... Idoit savant perhaps ?
Now, we all know that Midge prides himself on doing very little, so I don't think you can call him an 'I do it'. :p

himzol
21st December 2004, 03:18 PM
Now, we all know that Midge prides himself on doing very little, so I don't think you can call him an 'I do it'. :p

Now Now Silent you can't say that, he actually does a great deal, it's just that he never finishes anything ;) :D

ribot
22nd December 2004, 11:35 AM
@$#*%^#$@ channel nine was so bad with motor sport coverage (Formula 1) that they managed to infuriate enought people to get an internet site devoted entirely to bagging ch 9 right up to the point when F1 coverage went to ch 10. It makes a difference when you make the change to a channel dedicated to your interests. I know how you feel from ch9 experience, the site was something like "f1fansagainstchannel9" or something like that. If you feel strongly enought about it do something similar, someone out there will pick up the vibe and you will get your relief from ch9, believe me it was worth it as far as motor sport goes.

HappyHammer
22nd December 2004, 12:27 PM
Cricket coverage on 9 is crap, what is so important about the tedious "stories" on ACA that justify missing the cricket. Channel 7 sport coverage is equally woeful BTW.

My wife calls the cricket coverage on 9 "Crickets home shopping channel" due to the copious number of limited, signed, framed posters they sell for $1,000 a pop.

HH.

bitingmidge
26th December 2004, 12:13 PM
Hurrrumph!!!

Boxing Day, Pakistan are none for a million, and the Channel 9 broadcast is back on delay mode.

The geniuses at the ABC can describe every ball, and the outcome before it is actually bowled!!!

Maybe the TV signals just travel slower!!

P :cool:

JackoH
27th December 2004, 09:54 AM
It was me that said Huntin', Shootin', and Fishin' are the only true sports. All the rest are games.I was paraphrasing Jorrocks.
I love cricket really! :D
Channel 9 must have been spitting chips yesterday as the last session at the MCG finished a few minutes early and they were forced to show all of the last over instead of cutting into it to go to the 6o'clock news! :o

Daddles
27th December 2004, 10:09 AM
It was me that said Huntin', Shootin', and Fishin' are the only true sports.

Ahh, how can they be a sport. All the blokes are wearing white and most are standing still. Even those that are running are running to predetermined spots. :D

Richard
note - there is no recognition of the pyjama game or this new 20 over silliness

Grunt
27th December 2004, 12:08 PM
Hurrrumph!!!

Boxing Day, Pakistan are none for a million, and the Channel 9 broadcast is back on delay mode.

The geniuses at the ABC can describe every ball, and the outcome before it is actually bowled!!!

Maybe the TV signals just travel slower!!

P

They use a delay so they cane bleep out Shane Warne talking about his hairy backed conquests.

bitingmidge
27th December 2004, 12:11 PM
They use a delay so they cane bleep out Shane Warne talking about his hairy backed conquests.

So how come it's OK for the ABC to broadcast Kerry O'Keefe's side of the story with no bleeps??

P

Grunt
27th December 2004, 01:17 PM
It was me that said Huntin', Shootin', and Fishin' are the only true sports.

Yes, a true sport. A rabbit vs. a man and his .22

echnidna
27th December 2004, 03:21 PM
'I Grunt, a speck of dust at the feet of The Administrators and the Supreme Being U-Beaut grovel in their presence, for I am unworthy to behold such greatness.'

Should be followed by
"Grunt - Main Brownnose". ;) ;) ;) ;)

Or are you bucking for a promotion Grunt?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sturdee
27th December 2004, 04:09 PM
'I Grunt, a speck of dust at the feet of The Administrators and the Supreme Being U-Beaut grovel in their presence, for I am unworthy to behold such greatness.'

Grunt, what crime have you committed that you need to brown nose to that extend. :D :D :D

Peter.

Grunt
27th December 2004, 06:45 PM
Grunt, what crime have you committed that you need to brown nose to that extend.

I have just seen the errors of my ways.

Should be followed by
"Grunt - Main Brownnose".

Good idea.

bitingmidge
27th December 2004, 07:48 PM
Grunt,
after a thousand posts, don't you become a "Daimond Brown Nose?"

P

Grunt
27th December 2004, 07:50 PM
Grunt,
after a thousand posts, don't you become a "Daimond Brown Nose?"

P

Oh, yes. Silly me.

scooter
28th December 2004, 12:34 PM
Nah, midge, I think the term is "Florentine Bronze Brown Nose" ;)

Cheers.......Sean the bronzed mexican

JackoH
29th December 2004, 09:53 AM
You guys with over 1000 posts a year, should turn off your computers get out of your chairs and go out of doors,(Wear your sunnies for the first hour or two,as the light could be a bit strong.) Get A Life! :cool:
I am convinced that very few actually read carefully what has been posted,as they are too intent on putting their own views.
I bet this gets a reaction! :eek:

HappyHammer
29th December 2004, 09:56 AM
You guys with over 1000 posts a year, should turn off your computers get out of your chairs and go out of doors,(Wear your sunnies for the first hour or two,as the light could be a bit strong.) Get A Life! :cool:
I am convinced that very few actually read carefully what has been posted,as they are too intent on putting their own views.
Nicely put old chap:rolleyes:

silentC
29th December 2004, 10:00 AM
This is our life, John. Some of us are chained to our desks. I'd love to go out the door and not come back but then I'd actually have to work for living.

You're probably right about very few actually reading any of it. Who cares? I always make sure to read yours though mate, you always have something to contribute ;)

Wood Borer
29th December 2004, 10:24 AM
I'm a bit like Silent, chained to the desk organising tests, giving technical advice over the phone and keeping an eye on the BB to relieve the boredom and keep in touch with reality. The high tech world and many of the people in it are out of touch with reality.

Slacking - it may appear that way but I can assure you that I put in and many of my posts are written whilst talking on the phone solving problems and waiting for people to perform tests and tell me the results.

When I am at home, I rarely get on the BB as I am too busy in the shed.

This week I am the only one at work but next week and probably the following week I will be in my shed interrupted only by visits to the bush, sleep and entertaining friends - Bliss. :)

echnidna
29th December 2004, 10:38 AM
I make a lotta sawdust and havva look several times a day to see whats happening by those who make a lotta hot air. Then I add my 2 bobs worth.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

silentC
29th December 2004, 10:45 AM
This morning is the first time I've been on since Christmas Eve. If I didn't have this day job, much as I like the forum, I'd probably hardly ever sign on. Our dial up line is so slow it's painful and I'd definately rather be making sawdust.

HappyHammer
29th December 2004, 10:48 AM
This morning is the first time I've been on since Christmas Eve. If I didn't have this day job, much as I like the forum, I'd probably hardly ever sign on. Our dial up line is so slow it's painful and I'd definately rather be making sawdust.
Same for me, dialup at home is too slow and I don't get the time signon anyway.

HH.

bitingmidge
29th December 2004, 10:59 AM
Well I'm back at the desk too, so every hour all the new posts pop up and I'll have a bit of a chat.

Before broadband, for a couple of years I used to read most posts on a Friday night, just downloaded them all and disconnected; read them at my leisure, but the connection was far too slow to respond, so I didn't ever log on.

Now, well I've been at work for a couple of hours in a windowless office at the back of a shed, so it's time to chat!

Cheers,

P

Wood Borer
29th December 2004, 11:05 AM
Looks like we aren't going to debate this topic - we are all in the same boat.

silentC
29th December 2004, 11:08 AM
Looks like we aren't going to debate this topic
That's because John and all his mates are out enjoying the sunshine ;)

Actually, shades are definitely optional down this part of the world at the moment. We've got a few hundred of your neighbours up here in the caravan park who are very upset about the weather. I derive a lot of pleasure from telling them when they ask that it has set in and could be like this for days, if not weeks :D:D

Wood Borer
29th December 2004, 11:21 AM
Tell them not to return because the weather here is RS also. Pretty cold last night but I think it is improving. BBQ tonight perhaps but probably red rather than beer - damn I will have both. :D

My boss is in Merimbula at the moment so I guess he won't be happy with the weather.

Grunt
29th December 2004, 11:29 AM
I'm a opinionated git who doesn't give a $hit about any one elses opinion. I have no life and I spend my entire day in front of the keyboard waiting for someone to post something so I can ignore it and give my opinion. I don't actually do any woodwork.

bitingmidge
29th December 2004, 11:30 AM
Don't want to make anyone jealous or anything, after all I can't see it except on the web!! (but it was great till 8.00 this morning!) but

http://www.maroochytourism.com/ausnet_looview.htm

Cheers,

P

silentC
29th December 2004, 11:30 AM
My boss is in Merimbula at the moment so I guess he won't be happy with the weather
No he will not. We had snow on the Brown a couple of days ago and it is 14 deg. and raining at the moment. There is blue sky as I look out the window though but the forecast is not good. He'll probably be cranky when he gets back to work ;)

bitingmidge
29th December 2004, 11:33 AM
No he will not. We had snow on the Brown a couple of days ago and it is 14 deg. and raining at the moment.

Hmmm... and I'm going to NZ next week!!

I think I'll take a jumper!

P :D

silentC
29th December 2004, 11:36 AM
Don't want to make anyone jealous or anything, after all I can't see it except on the web!! (but it was great till 8.00 this morning!) but

http://www.maroochytourism.com/ausnet_looview.htm

Cheers,

P
Blimey, how do you get near the water for a swim with all those people lolling about? At least with this weather you can walk down the beach without ducking and weaving like it's George Street.

Daddles
29th December 2004, 11:55 AM
You guys with over 1000 posts a year, should turn off your computers get out of your chairs and ...

watch Channel Nine? :eek:

Richard :D

Sturdee
29th December 2004, 04:57 PM

Unlike others I don't have the excuse that I am chained to the computer through work commitments so I presume your comments are squarely aimed at me so let me reply.

Firstly why should we turn of our computers ? Is there a reason you could elaborate upon, please. Is there something I don't know? We never switch off our computers nor do we disconnect from the net. That is mine as well as my wife and daughters computers. We just leave them on ready for use. :D :D :D

Secondly I get on during the late afternoon or evening and not all day and I do get outside when I go from the house to the workshop and vice versa. I even spend time in the garden as well.

Thirdly I have a life and a small part of that is being on this board where hopefully I am able to contribute something as well as having fun. Maybe you think this is a waste of time but then that is only your opinion. :mad: ( Not worth tuppence in my book ) I also read the posts that I am interested in before commenting. :mad:

Fourthly your posting record is close to the limit you object to so you ought to start taking your own advice.

Finally you wondered if you would get a reaction, well you did, and a raspberry follows. :mad:

Peter.

Sturdee
29th December 2004, 06:23 PM
Oh Children of the Foil, let us prey to the High Priestess Allana from the planet Craporium, for she will smite those who shun the foil.

Grunt, although not wishing to be a spelling nazi :eek: , may I ever so humbly suggest that you pray to the High Priestess not prey on her :D or she will definately smite you.

Peter.

BTW Jackoh,you might wish to take note that I did read this post before commenting. :p

Grunt
29th December 2004, 06:26 PM
Sturdee I'd give you a greenie but I'm all out.

HappyHammer
30th December 2004, 09:04 AM
I'm a opinionated git who doesn't give a $hit about any one elses opinion. I have no life and I spend my entire day in front of the keyboard waiting for someone to post something so I can ignore it and give my opinion. I don't actually do any woodwork.
We know.:D

Grunt
30th December 2004, 09:12 AM
I forgot to add that I like hanging around with middle aged men talking about our tools.

JackoH
30th December 2004, 09:20 AM
I am very pleased at the reaction I got to my last post. I am also delighted at the considered and thoughtful replies it has received from most of you :D
You flatter yourself Sturdee.
My comments were not 'squarely aimed' at you or any particular individual, but at all of those whom the cap fits, so to speak.
However since you seem to want this to get personal may I point out that I have been contributing to this BB for over 5 years (for my nearly 1000 posts,) and some of these contributions have , I hope been worth more than tuppence. Also that although I live on the outskirts of Melbourne, Telstra are as yet unable to provide us with broadband, neither can I afford a separate line for my computer, hence I doin't leave it turned on all the time.
Also I love rasberries, especially with cream! :p
The sun is shining, the birds arer singing and I am now logging off and going outside. Who knows I might even spend some time at my lathe. :cool:

Wood Borer
30th December 2004, 09:34 AM
The sun is shining, the birds arer singing and I am now logging off and going outside. Who knows I might even spend some time at my lathe. :cool:

Now Jack, that is a low blow for us who are chained to our desks. :(

But that will be me next week and the week after hopefully. So I guess your cruel words will make me look forward to my time off even more - thanks.

I can't see myself upgrading to broadband, the service may not cost that much more but I would need a new PC and I would probably spend more time on the PC than in the shed and less money on woodwork - even if I do give most of it away.

Enjoy your time outside you lucky bugg@r and give us a report for tomorrow to hone my keeness even more. :D

silentC
30th December 2004, 10:01 AM
The sun is shining, the birds arer singing
Pull the other one John. :p

RETIRED
30th December 2004, 10:08 AM
'Tis true. TRA LA LA :D

silentC
30th December 2004, 10:11 AM
Hah, your mates up here in the caravan park are going to be even more p'd off when they find out the sun is shining at home while they sit shivering in their tents :D

16 degrees and overcast :(

Grunt
30th December 2004, 10:15 AM
It is true. I didn't even have to go outside. A finch flew down the flue and into the wood heater. It was sort of like a fish tank for birds. I let the poor little bugger out. Who says you don't get to see wildlife when chained to a computer all day.

RETIRED
30th December 2004, 10:16 AM
A perfect day yesterday. 22 degress and a cloudless sky. Same today or warmer and damned hot tomorrow. Serves them right for having holidays. :D

Wood Borer
30th December 2004, 10:18 AM
's right there Darren. I thought I detected a slight hint of cloud in the East but it could be an illusion due to the brightness of the the sun and the dazzling blue sky.

Wood Borer
30th December 2004, 10:20 AM
Hah, your mates up here in the caravan park are going to be even more p'd off when they find out the sun is shining at home while they sit shivering in their tents :D

16 degrees and overcast :(

Have the tents dried out already?

silentC
30th December 2004, 10:25 AM
I wouldn't think so. We had more rain this morning. Forecast is for showers and possible thunderstorms on Saturday and Sunday. Maybe I'll come down to Melbourne for the weekend. Nah!!

HappyHammer
30th December 2004, 10:28 AM
It's like bloody winter in Sydney, chilly and overcast p'd down last night. Time to go north me thinks....

HH.

Wood Borer
30th December 2004, 10:33 AM
Happy,

I know you come from the Northern Hemisphere so your directions might be a bit confused. Melbourne is South of Sydney so head South for the sunshine and warm weather. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Gee, I hope I have enough beer in the fridge and the fridge is capable of cooling the beer during this hot Summer. :D :D :D

HappyHammer
30th December 2004, 10:45 AM
WB,

If I ever feel like four seasons in a day or a trip to see the Tennis or Grand Prix I'll come down otherwise the only way is up.:D :D

HH.

ptc
30th December 2004, 06:22 PM
25deg here today,and all sun.
might be gone tomorrow.
ptc

JackoH
31st December 2004, 08:51 AM
Beautiful morning 32deg forecast. :cool: Hope it warms up in Sydney in time for the CRICKET! :( :
Back to where this all started!, and my last contribution to this topic unless anyone says something even more silly, and the red mist descends again! :eek:

silentC
31st December 2004, 08:56 AM
You know you really should do something about that red mist - it's not good for you.

Wood Borer
31st December 2004, 09:00 AM
I missed what I read! :D

(Only 8 hours to holiday time)

bitingmidge
31st December 2004, 09:44 AM
6 hours but who's counting??

P

Cliff Rogers
31st December 2004, 12:10 PM
Hey Midge, what are you doing in that boat that's making it rock like that?:confused:

fxst
1st January 2005, 06:20 PM
More girls???? :D
Pete