PDA

View Full Version : Hodgkins Lymphoma

chrisb691
15th June 2011, 06:32 PM
On March 19th I found a large lump in my neck, and immediately new that I was in the poo. Thus began a whirlwind of hopspitals, and pathology appointments, and, after a biopsy in April, Hodgkins was confirmed.

I had a PET scan on June 6th, prior to my 3rd chemo session on the 10th, and today have been imformed that I am clear of cancer, and in remission.

Still got 1 chemo to go (unpleasant to say the least), and 15 radiation treatments. But at this stage am rated at a 95% chance of full cure...but only time will tell.

I had never intended to post about this on this forum, but have come to realise just how much you have all, albeit unwittingly, helped me. Cancer is a stressfull and extremely emotional issue, and each and every one of you have helped me keep my head together.

To read posts by, for example only, Woodwould and Jow104, have been a constant pleasure, and have kept my spirits high.

Thank you all. You never knew that you were in my corner...but you were.

wheelinround
15th June 2011, 06:37 PM
Chris thats good news regarding the outcome. Glad your doing well keep your chin up.:2tsup::2tsup:

Groggy
15th June 2011, 06:44 PM
Great to hear you are doing well Chris, I hope you continue to improve.

Ironwood
15th June 2011, 06:45 PM
Glad things are looking positive for you.
I can relate to what you are saying about the forum keeping you sane at times like this.
When I was diagnosed with Thyroid cancer in 2006, logging onto the forum everyday was the only "normal" thing I had in my life, I could forget about the tests and Doctors and all the other stuff for a while.

Scott
15th June 2011, 09:36 PM
Fantastic news, may you have a long and wood filled life :2tsup:

Foo
19th June 2011, 05:48 AM
All the best Chris and make sure you keep us updated.:)

In reference to reading about others and their battles with cancer. I think you can draw on their strengths, to help you through the rough ride that you can find yourself on! :wink:

Foo

rsser
19th August 2011, 04:17 PM
I'm in your corner Chris ... just tell me who to punch!

Best wishes with your recovery.

mark david
19th August 2011, 04:55 PM
Hi am sorry to hear this but it's great you are in remission and the prognosis is good.
I have been throught this myself and suffered with at least 5 years of consistent misdiagnosis with Hodgkin's disease,infact I think I had it for 10 years before eventual diagnosis by which time I was was stage 3 with obvious symptoms making my cancer advanced and with a 60% chance in my favour.
I endured 5 months of chemotheraphy,it was too advanced for radiotherapy and finally came through after 5 months and although Hodkin's is one of the easiest cancers to treat the number of drugs used are ery hard to endure and the last doses of chemo were the worst infact I actually stopped taking the last few tablets as it was making me feel so ill.

I am now 11 years in remission and still, believe it or not suffer some probably permanent side effects from the chemo.

All the best to you and hope it stays away for you too.

rsser
19th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Yeah, my SIL beat it. An aggressive version; via unconventional methods.