PDA

View Full Version : help where to buy carbide tipped forstner bit

mimpi
16th June 2011, 05:05 PM
I was just down at Carbatec but they have run out of stock of the 38mm carbide tipped forstner bit. Can anyone direct me to where I can purchase one either here in Melbourne or online?
Carbatec wont have more stock until next month and I want to get stuck into my projects now...

mkypenturner
16th June 2011, 08:20 PM
carrols should have some i got jim to bring up to brissy wood show for me
the only thing that the have the 1/4 " shank like all the phillips screw tips but im only using mine for pepper mills so should be alright
heres the link just gotta scroll down the page :aro-d: CWS Store - Drill Bits Etc | Carroll's Woodcraft Supplies (http://www.cws.au.com/shop/category/-drill-bits-etc)

mimpi
16th June 2011, 08:38 PM
thanks for that, will give them a call tomorrow see if they have stock.

Sawdust Maker
16th June 2011, 09:17 PM
They're probably in Sydney for the woodshow - or Jim better be as he was bringing me up something :p

email them as they probably have net connection

mkypenturner
16th June 2011, 09:26 PM
They're probably in Sydney for the woodshow - or Jim better be as he was bringing me up something :p

email them as they probably have net connection
theres even the other way to get in contact with him keep an eye out over the weekend for a thread started by .... im guessing by member " forum demo " at the show ask if someone there can ask jim to put one aside for you :D:rolleyes: im sure someone visiting the forum lounge will also visiting carrols stand

steck
19th June 2011, 11:32 AM
You could also try Carbitools (http://www.carbitool.com.au/) in Moorabbin.

turnerted
19th June 2011, 05:47 PM
mimpi
The last carbide tip forstner bit I bought was on Ebay about a year ago..Dirt cheap and free postage, from Hongkong I think.
Ted

Kanga1
23rd December 2011, 08:18 PM
mimpi
The last carbide tip forstner bit I bought was on Ebay about a year ago..Dirt cheap and free postage, from Hongkong I think.
Ted

I have been looking at Forstner bits.I,m not sure what type of tip e.g carbon/nitrate or whatever helps to keep the bit sharper longer.I don'r want to pay top price,but don't want junk that last 5 minutes.Any ideas?.

dai sensei
23rd December 2011, 10:40 PM
It has more than you want, but I have a brand new unused 5 piece forstner set (3/4",1",1.25",1.5",2") in timber box you can have for $20 + postage, you would just have to wait till after Xmas for me to post it. Not TCT.

PM me if interested.

Cheers

keltrader
24th December 2011, 07:29 AM
Mcjing sell them.