PDA

View Full Version : New toy TOS cylindrical grinder

aussiejoeblow
18th June 2011, 05:37 PM
Just put a TOS universal cylindrical grinder in the shed today. Has anyone here had any dealings with these machines? I managed to score all the factory books and accessories too.....so will be doing many hours of reading...

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i86/jmleban/P1010326.jpg

new_guy90
18th June 2011, 06:09 PM
Man how do you get so lucky lol come on where do you get your gear lol

It looks like a good grinder with all the functions you could ever need in the home shop what are you going to use it for?

Stustoys
18th June 2011, 06:24 PM
Sharpening my milling cutters of course :D

Very intereseting machine you have there Aussie. Congrads and good luck with the reading.

Stuart

.RC.
18th June 2011, 06:25 PM
Yes I saw that one for sale.... it was unusual in that it came with lots of accessories and a heap of grinding wheels... Most are just bare machines with nothing else...

I know nothing about cylindrical grinding other then you have to use coolant.. Otherwise the workpiece warps all over the place...

aussiejoeblow
18th June 2011, 09:36 PM
It will mainly be used for driveline components that I make.

Yes, a heap of extras came with it. External and internal wheels, fixtures, all steadies and better still all manuals and brochures. I have been doing some testing and it seems to cut out after a short while. I have traced the circuit to the coolant pump.....which is not pluged into the machine yet......maybe it won't run with this not working?

Otherwise it is a very quiet and smooth machine.