PDA

View Full Version : Finally doing real stuff.

RETIRED
28th June 2011, 10:11 PM
Tea lady (Anne Maria) is finally getting the hang of doing the big stuff.:D

A sizing cut:

Roughing out:

Lumber Bunker
28th June 2011, 10:22 PM
What IS that going to be?

RETIRED
28th June 2011, 10:34 PM
One of these.

The one on the left is the one shown being worked on.

TTIT
28th June 2011, 10:44 PM
Some nasty blighter hid the chip deflector - tsk tsk :no: Wouldn't happen to know who eh ???

Cliff Rogers
28th June 2011, 11:09 PM
Arh, chess pieces. :2tsup:

RETIRED
28th June 2011, 11:15 PM
Some nasty blighter hid the chip deflector - tsk tsk :no: Wouldn't happen to know who eh ???I tried a chip deflector but it just clogged up.:D

We normally put a hand up to deflect some of the stuff but even then it builds up.

tea lady
28th June 2011, 11:27 PM
:d

(One doesn't get into wood turning for the fashion does one!:doh: )

Waldo
28th June 2011, 11:39 PM
I though they were salt and pepper shakers for very big giants. :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
28th June 2011, 11:50 PM

Wha? You mean that a layer of sawdust isn't tres trendy? :rolleyes:

Paul39
29th June 2011, 05:15 AM
:d

How do you keep the chips out of your shoes?

Woodwould
29th June 2011, 08:48 AM
Isn't that the dunny-emptying outfit? It looks the same as the one Mrs. Wood uses.

Nice staddle sticks! :thyel:

Ozkaban
29th June 2011, 09:06 AM
:whatonearth: I thought they were hair curlers.

I think most men feel their looks are improved by hiding under a layer of sawdust. Didn't think women thought the same :cool:

Cheers,
Dave

brendan stemp
29th June 2011, 09:57 AM
'Real Stuff'??? No faceplates to be seen so where are you hiding the 'real stuff'??

Putting that aside, you still haven't answered the question: what are they? And what is the wood? Big pieces! Are you still knocking down electricity poles?

RETIRED
29th June 2011, 10:05 AM
'Real Stuff'??? No faceplates to be seen so where are you hiding the 'real stuff'??

Putting that aside, you still haven't answered the question: what are they? Stools or side tables. And what is the wood? Tallowood Big pieces! Yep. Are you still knocking down electricity poles? For these yes.
We have faceplates too so that we can do the simple stuff. :whistling2:

Sawdust Maker
29th June 2011, 10:20 AM
Does the turning smock match the colour of TL's old shed?

brendan stemp
29th June 2011, 10:24 AM
We have faceplates too so that we can do the simple stuff. :whistling2:

Simple stuff??? Eh (I scoff) Isn't spindle turning (ie turning with the wood attached to two points of the lathe) for those too scared to turn with the wood held by one attachment point?:D

(I'll say no more in case I get accused of detouring this thread):rolleyes:

artme
29th June 2011, 03:14 PM
Simple stuff??? Eh (I scoff) Isn't spindle turning (ie turning with the wood attached to two points of the lathe) for those too scared to turn with the wood held by one attachment point?:D

(I'll say no more in case I get accused of detouring this thread):rolleyes:

Nothing amiss with a good detour!:wink:

Christos
29th June 2011, 03:21 PM
I originally thought that these were chess pieces. Like the ones they have in the Hyde Park here is Sydney.

You might find it hard to kick it with your feet like they currently do. :U

Sawdust Maker
29th June 2011, 03:29 PM
Dunno - may have purchased shares in a podiatrist business :q

tea lady
29th June 2011, 03:43 PM
How do you keep the chips out of your shoes?Don't have to worry about the shoes unless I wear shorts.:C I have to wear the hood other wise I end up with splinters in the nickers.:rolleyes:

Does the turning smock match the colour of TL's old shed?:shutup: NO!

I originally thought that these were chess pieces. Like the ones they have in the Hyde Park here is Sydney.

You might find it hard to kick it with your feet like they currently do. :UThey have been used as chess pieces I think! :shrug: Chess for body builders though!:doh:

tea lady
29th June 2011, 03:44 PM

(I'll say no more in case I get accused of detouring this thread):rolleyes:Yeah but we only use a screw chuck until the pieces get big! (That's ": big not sooky-la-la big! :p)

jefferson
29th June 2011, 05:27 PM
I think it's time for Tea Lady to have some lessons from Ken Wraight - especiallly now that she's conquered 's mega stuff.

No need for all the space suit either. No junk down the knickers either.

Best part will be listening to the pair of Masters argue about the merits of one method over another..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tea lady
29th June 2011, 05:58 PM
I think it's time for Tea Lady to have some lessons from Ken Wraight - especiallly now that she's conquered 's mega stuff.

No need for all the space suit either. No junk down the knickers either.

Best part will be listening to the pair of Masters argue about the merits of one method over another..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Won't have so much to sweep up either!:cool:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
29th June 2011, 06:22 PM
Sweep up?

No. But if you're anything like me you'd have a pile of failures that you need a shovel, wheelbarrow and pot-belly to get rid of. :roll:

RETIRED
29th June 2011, 06:37 PM
Best part will be listening to the pair of Masters argue about the merits of one method over another..... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:We never argue, we discuss and agree that mine is pretty good.:wink::rolleyes:

tea lady
29th June 2011, 07:27 PM
Sweep up?

No. But if you're anything like me you'd have a pile of failures that you need a shovel, wheelbarrow and pot-belly to get rid of. :roll:Had to sweep today cos my head was hitting the roof )of the little alcove at the end of the lathe. :rolleyes:)

Christos
29th June 2011, 07:43 PM
Had to sweep today cos my head was hitting the roof )of the little alcove at the end of the lathe. :rolleyes:)

Wow did not think you were that tall. :U Walking among giants! :2tsup:

wheelinround
29th June 2011, 07:46 PM
bloody big pen AM or is it a small one with just a lot to turn down:p

tea lady
29th June 2011, 07:50 PM
bloody big pen AM or is it a small one with just a lot to turn down:p
Yeah! It no the object I want! Its the turning practice! :rolleyes::p:D

powderpost
29th June 2011, 08:14 PM
No doubt about being taught the better techniques, but has he shown you how to sharpen tools properly yet TL ? :D
Jim

jefferson
29th June 2011, 08:34 PM
Jim,

You will have to do a search on an old post but FINALLY conceded that some OFFICE WORKERS couldn't sharpen free-hand.

The up shot is that now sharpens on a Tormek. As do some of his students. :D:D:D

The bugger has even adapted some of the Tormek jigs just to suit his chisels. :?:?:?

Anyway, good to see TL having some (dusty) fund.

chrisb691
29th June 2011, 09:00 PM
I thought they might be handles for a new range of industrial teapots. :D

tea lady
30th June 2011, 12:20 AM
Jim,

The up shot is that now sharpens on a Tormek. As do some of his students. :D:D:D

The bugger has even adapted some of the Tormek jigs just to suit his chisels. :?:?:?

Anyway, good to see TL having some (dusty) fund.Nah! Now we sharpen on a modified Truegrind system. Modified cos if you do up the knob tight enough you can't undo it. :doh: (Contributions to the dusty fund greatfully accepted.:D)

I thought they might be handles for a new range of industrial teapots. :DI'd need TWO body builders to pour the tea..... :think: ......:cool:....:D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th June 2011, 12:23 AM
Why would you want to undo it? Mount one on every tool and then you have a side-handle to control the roll of the tool! :U