PDA

View Full Version : OK Boy's HELP !!

matthew_g
29th June 2011, 10:18 PM
I think I just did something silly:oo:
I have aquired a 5t Forklift:doh: And it lives in Melbourne 4 hours from me.(bugger)
How or who or what can I do to get it home??? I have had one quote for more the the fork cost. So over a grand.....Not to keen on that....:no:
Anyone have any ideas...PLEASE:rolleyes:

Greg Q
29th June 2011, 10:23 PM
I think I just did something silly:oo:
I have aquired a 5t Forklift:doh: And it lives in Melbourne 4 hours from me.(bugger)
How or who or what can I do to get it home??? I have had one quote for more the the fork cost. So over a grand.....Not to keen on that....:no:
Anyone have any ideas...PLEASE:rolleyes:

You could leave it at my place.:rolleyes:

Or...rent a heavy duty car trailer and drag it home? What does a 5T rated fork weigh?

Greg

matthew_g
29th June 2011, 10:38 PM
You could leave it at my place.:rolleyes:

Or...rent a heavy duty car trailer and drag it home? What does a 5T rated fork weigh?

Greg
5t Dry weight will lift 5150kg..Don't tempt me with leaving it at yours, It could happen:o
I thought of the heavy car trailer thing but I reakon it would snap it in half......And I am not sure of the legalities of towing it..I have a landcruiser with heavy duty hayman reece and I am equiped with electric brakes but I would say still too heavy......
Spose I could drive it home:doh:

.RC.
29th June 2011, 10:42 PM
Can you hire a truck and collect it that way? A tilt tray is really what you want... it probably weighs 7 tonnes...After all it is going to weigh more then it lifts....

Bryan
29th June 2011, 11:01 PM
Is it registered? What, 10 kph? Only take you a week... :D

Greg Q
29th June 2011, 11:05 PM
I was thinking tilt-tray too, but I don't know if you can hire them here. And every tow operator I've ever met has taken an instant and lasting fondness to my wallet. In fact the only reason that I became a button man for the mob was that I couldn't get a towie licence.

GQ

matthew_g
29th June 2011, 11:05 PM
Can you hire a truck and collect it that way? A tilt tray is really what you want... it probably weighs 7 tonnes...After all it is going to weigh more then it lifts....
The compliance plate has it listed as dry weight 5t without batterys.
I have been thinking along the lines of renting a truck....Still might be pricy though..

Is it registered? What, 10 kph? Only take you a week... :D
Yeah but think of all the wonderfull things I could pick-up along the way:p

Bryan
29th June 2011, 11:10 PM
No seriously, I think your title says it: Time to pull in some favours. There must be someone you've got something on. :)

RayG
29th June 2011, 11:26 PM
+1 to renting a truck, you might need a heavy vehicle license for that weight, I think the car license cuts out at 4t... I do happen to know someone in the RTA down that way however.....

Heavy chains and load binders will be needed as well..

If all that fails, talk to a local car dealer and ask if there's any chance of backloading it.

Regards
Ray

Scott
30th June 2011, 10:35 AM
I've got an articulated licence however no truck. Would be happy to help you out if you can get hold of a vehicle.

Have you considered contacting one of the tow truck operators with a tilt tray?

Jim Carroll
30th June 2011, 01:46 PM
Our local towie delivered ours on the back of his tilt tray.
All too easy,
Luckily ours was only 20 minutes away and $100.00 for delivery.

Ring around the towies as well as a lot will deliver wrecks to melbourne and pick up for you and bring back, saves coming back with an empty truck.

matthew_g
30th June 2011, 06:43 PM
All good lad's...The whole debarcle has been sorted.
Thanks for the advice.
Matt