PDA

View Full Version : Facts about Taps and Tapping - A GTD Publication

Anorak Bob
6th July 2011, 12:04 AM
GTD was Greenfield Tap and Die Corporation, a manufacturer of quality tooling based in Massachusetts. Below are snaps of a few pages from their 62 page guide. If there is interest I will photograph each page and post those photos here. Scanning is something I have to do at work and it's a pain in the freckle.

Of course, if you blokes find this stuff boring, then I won't bother.

Can someone let me know one way or the other, please.

BT

Ropetangler
6th July 2011, 12:27 AM
If it's not too much pain in the freckle, I say go for it BT, you have so much great material. On the other hand, if I am the only one who replies, I won't be offended if you feel that it is all too much trouble, for little net gain.
Rob.:wink:

Anorak Bob
6th July 2011, 12:34 AM
And if you are the sole respondent Rob, I will post you a CD containing 62 photos.

Bob.

xXvapourXx
6th July 2011, 01:15 AM
It is very interesting too see. I wouldnt mind seeing the other photos to so count me in if your doing that cd thing :)

Gavin Newman
6th July 2011, 08:16 AM
Bob, I'd be interested as well please.

Bryan
6th July 2011, 10:12 AM
Me three.

kraits
6th July 2011, 12:42 PM
pressures on to scan and post BT

Anorak Bob
6th July 2011, 03:38 PM
Well boys, I can't see myself as Postman Pat so the posting will be here. Some one else can muck around to make the profusion of images more manageable.

BT

jhovel
7th July 2011, 12:07 AM
I'm also interested! Since I can straighten photos and normalise the contrast settiongs fairly quickly and then convert the whole thing into a single PDF file, feel free to post the photos to me (PM me for my e-mail address) and I'll have a PDF file up here the following day. Resolution up to 4MB per photo would be best. My e-mail box can handle around 10MB per message.
Cheers,
Joe

nosnow
7th July 2011, 12:18 AM
I would love to be in to

Anorak Bob
9th July 2011, 07:24 PM
Well, I slipped into work early on Thursday and scanned the catalogue only to find that I'd managed to scan half of each page. :doh: Wrong setting on the photocopier.
Whilst Joe had kindly offered to convert the jpegs to pdfs if I went down the photographic path, I discovered that with a simple right click, I could do it myself. Converting this collection into a single pdf is in someone else's realm. Remember fellas, I still draw on a drawing board. I know. A Luddite.

Anyway. here is the catalogue. The missing file numbers are due to my fooling around with the tripod.

BT

sjm
9th July 2011, 07:42 PM
Wow, thanks for the effort, greatly appreciated :)

Bryan
9th July 2011, 09:02 PM
Thanks Bob! :2tsup: