PDA

View Full Version : Model Railway Exhibition

elderly
8th July 2011, 12:10 PM
This weekend at Stawell in Victoria is a large model railway exhibition with over 20 layouts, 10 trade stands with large second hand dealer, modeling exhibition and model car display. You can find the times and location at the link below not a lot of information on the site though I got the above details out of the local paper.
Grampian Model Railroaders Inc. - Stawell (http://www.gmr.has.it/)
Cheers Elderly.

elderly
10th July 2011, 02:25 PM
My wife and I went to the exhibition yesterday and found it to be excellent. The train layouts were brilliant; I shudder to think of the number of hour’s work that goes into them. Anyone wanting to spend some of their hard earned had plenty of opportunities to do so with lots of stalls selling just about everything a model train enthusiast could wish for. There was also a fine display of plastic model cars not my thing but very impressive just the same. The bonus for me was that Geoff Isaac was there with his brilliant wooden model trains. We have already seen some of Geoff’s work thanks to the pics posted by Aussie. I have posted a few more for anyone that is interested. Geoff made the Rocket from an old Air fix plane that he up scaled. Most of the models he makes he takes the measurements from the actual trains and draws his own plans. The timber he uses is Huon pine and the models are made to 1/24th scale. Geoff makes his wheels with a fret saw and it takes him about one hour a wheel.
Cheers Elderly

wheelinround
10th July 2011, 02:40 PM
elderly thanks for sharing those pics they are amazing works I am now being greedy :roll: any more photos of the exhibition

crowie
11th July 2011, 01:36 PM
G'Day Elderly,
When I first read your post about "Model Railway Exhibition" I thought just "HO", "O", "N" and "30" layouts by some very talented blokes & ladies.
But WOW I didn't expect to see some great wooden models like the photos you put up on the thread.
Top photography of the beautiful trains, thank you.
Cheers, crowie

PS - we have a small "HO" layout we setup for Christmas so am sad I was too far from you to visit and see the rest of the exhibition.

GlueGuy
11th July 2011, 03:59 PM
Wow. There is some great detail in these pics. It almost makes me wish I have the patience to give it a go myself. Thanks for sharing.

elderly
11th July 2011, 05:21 PM
Sorry wheelin what you see is what I got.
Cheers Elderly

STAR
11th July 2011, 07:05 PM
Thanks for sharing, they are a great effort. I feel where my Toy making is at I am almost ready for a challenge like that.

My problem is when I have finished it what do I do with it. It is to good for a toy and really to much work in it to just give it away.

In fact this is where I am at at the moment. I got into this toy making to make some presents for my grandson. So the toys have to be functional as well as having a little bit on the K Mart plastic rubbish.

It is a dilemma that i am facing.

Pete

bj383ss
12th July 2011, 10:38 PM
Awesome pics Elderly,

I wish they had some of these shows where I live. I think I would have a heart attack if I got to see some stuff like that in person.

Later,
Bret

AUSSIE
12th July 2011, 11:27 PM
Hi Elderly
Geoff is a great old guy that lives about 1/2 hour from me.I have been trying to contact him for another forumite.You have answered his questions for us.No plans bought.
Great photos Elderly Looks like it was a good show:2tsup: