PDA

View Full Version : My 22 Wheeler finished.

munruben
8th July 2011, 07:50 PM
Here at last is the 22 wheeler I have been working on recently. I am donating it to the local PCYC car show being held this week. Organisers are debating whether it is to be a trophy for the best big truck or a prize in a draw.

The whole vehicle is made from pine. Camphor Laural and other bits and pieces I had hanging around the shed. It is finished in an acrylic clear semi gloss.

First pic is not too clear. I'm not very good with a camera these days.

Here is a closer look.

Next shot shows the inside of the cabin.

The Prime mover.

And a pic from the rear.

Hope you like it . It measures just 46 inches overall length. and 8 1/2 inches wide. To the top of the cabin is 9 inches from the ground and overall height including the stacks is 15 inches. I didn't follow a plan, it is just out of my head and I am quite pleased with the results.
I would liked to have done more to it but time beat me. I had intentions of putting more lights and fittings on it but tha'ts the way it goes.

STAR
8th July 2011, 08:18 PM
Blimey. Just when I thought I had the Mayor of Munrubben done he comes up with that.

Just think. We both possiblly saw our first lathe at Artme's place with Sam from the Pen Turner's section. We both had a session with Prime Mover which was our introduction into Toy making.

Now , you have to spoil all our fun by producing that master pierce. Well done, what a fantastic effort John.

Next year you will have to enter something in the Cooroy Show and bring something down to my local Mudgeeraba Show where I was a previous Secretary.

I like to support our community and build up the entants in our Local Show.

:2tsup:

Pete

ps.

I have a back up plan though. :rolleyes:

AUSSIE
8th July 2011, 08:26 PM
John-I am gobsmacked-You have been holding out on us,haven't you?
What a wonderful truck you have produced.
48" and all in your head Hey? You must have had a severe headache with all that in there.Just joking John
Now all it needs is someone with a really big mantelpiece to put it on:2tsup:
Great job John:U

wheelinround
8th July 2011, 09:07 PM
:brava:hooray::way2go:

John excellent work mate now just need to work on the photography or get one of those agile young ladies t do a proper shoot before it passes out of your hands.

Now I await the masterpiece :; anything required i can assist with let me know.

HazzaB
8th July 2011, 09:42 PM
Hey John,

Bloody Ripper mate,:2tsup::2tsup:

I would be wrapped if I won that :o

HazzaB

STAR
8th July 2011, 10:17 PM

Now all it needs is someone with a really big mantelpiece to put it on:2tsup:
Great job John:U

John.

I have a massive mantlepiece. And this time I am serious.

Pete:D

bobman 58
8th July 2011, 10:54 PM
hi john great truck and great detail i like it a lot :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Byc
8th July 2011, 11:18 PM
Wow that is a very nice truck, very pleasing to look at and very well done. The finish is great.:2tsup:

dsquire
9th July 2011, 04:32 AM
John

You have made a very nice model there. I am sure that whoever receives it will be quite pleased.

It will be interesting to see what your next project will be. Keep up the excellent work. :2tsup:

Cheers :cheers2:
Don

Ironwood
9th July 2011, 08:47 AM
Youve done an outstanding job on the truck John, well done !!

NCArcher
9th July 2011, 08:58 AM
Wow. Great job John.
Thats a lot of time and effort to donate :2tsup:

munruben
9th July 2011, 09:04 AM
Thanks for your kind comments guys. I really would liked to have added more detail to both the truck and trailer but I guess I am too slow building these things and time caught up with me. More lights on the truck, windshield wipers etc and some tie rails on the trailer and some freight such as a shipping container.
Making some of the stuff on the lathe has been essential to this project and as you say Pete, I had not used a lathe until that time when we got together at Arthurs. (artme) a couple of years or so ago.

munruben
9th July 2011, 09:10 AM
What a wonderful truck you have produced.
Great job John:UThanks Ross, knowing the quality of your work, your comments are a great compliment. Appreciated mate.:2tsup:

munruben
9th July 2011, 09:14 AM
John excellent work mate now just need to work on the photography or get one of those agile young ladies t do a proper shoot before it passes out of your hands.

Now I await the masterpiece :; anything required i can assist with let me know.Thanks Ray, sorry about the quality of the pics but i have solved the problem. .next project. I am going to get you to come up and do the pic shoot. :) Thanks for the offer to help Ray and thanks for keeping this one under wraps too.:2tsup:

wheelinround
9th July 2011, 09:22 AM
Thanks Ray, sorry about the quality of the pics but i have solved the problem. .next project. I am going to get you to come up and do the pic shoot. :) Thanks for the offer to help Ray and thanks for keeping this one under wraps too.:2tsup:

Packing and on the way we need to thaw out:U:U:U

bj383ss
9th July 2011, 11:56 AM
Awesome work John! Your detail is outstanding. I have to give you props on your wood choice. Pine is very hard to maintain detail and accuracy with as it always tends to stray when you drill any kind of hole and the elusive pitch that gets on all blades and bits. I usually will build a prototype out of pine so if I mess something up it doesn't cost much. But your model looks better than mine made of hardwoods.

Later,
Bret

Cliff Rogers
9th July 2011, 01:36 PM
MACK (http://www.macktrucks.com.au)nificent all White (http://www.big-rigs.com/white-trucks), you are a rising Western Star (http://www.westernstartrucks.com). :D

elderly
9th July 2011, 05:16 PM
I must agree with what everyone else has said,Beautiful workmanship,great looking truck.
Cheers Elderly

crowie
10th July 2011, 11:13 AM
G'Day John,
I found your post this morning and WOW;
What a top truck.
Great detail and beautiful timber selection.
While you've said you have difficulity with WIP photos,
the end result is magnificent....thank you.
Cheers, crowie

PS - VERY Inspiring for a bloke who's laid up....

wheelinround
10th July 2011, 11:19 AM
G'Day John,
I found your post this morning and WOW;
What a top truck.
Great detail and beautiful timber selection.
While you've said you have difficulity with WIP photos,
the end result is magnificent....thank you.
Cheers, crowie

PS - VERY Inspiring for a bloke who's laid up....

Crowie this is planning time, research time Hope the recovery is going well

Yonnee
10th July 2011, 02:41 PM
Lovely job John.

scotty60
10th July 2011, 09:05 PM
John John John, :oo:
Talk about pulling a rabbit out off a hat, What a great job the detail is fantastic, you should be wrapped with how well it came up. Its a pity you couldnt get the rest of the detailing done it would have really set it off. :2tsup: Well done and look forward to the next project.

munruben
11th July 2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks everyone for your kind comments. I really appreciate them.:2tsup: