PDA

View Full Version : The Last Fortnight ?

issatree
9th July 2011, 01:09 AM
Hi All,
For the last Fortnight, when I turn My PC off, it tells me that it is " Installing Updates 1 on 1 ". Only takes 30 Secs.
It does this, most likely 3 to 4 times a day, after I turn the PC off.
3 to 4, yes, I check regularly all the time, & it Updates all the time
As I said, " Why Is It So ".

wheelinround
9th July 2011, 09:27 AM
if you have auto updates turned on it will do this, also there have been a lot of updates from Microsoft you can go in and check to see whats been updated.

Mr Brush
9th July 2011, 01:05 PM
Most likely it is trying to install the same upgrade each time, but failing during the install. Microsoft generally puts out updates once a week (if there are any); these appear on Weds/Thurs in Australia.

I had this a while ago - one particular upgrade failed to install every time, possibly due to some corruption of Windows files. In fact, lots of people had a similar problem with SP1 for Windows 7, so many that Microsoft had to put out a utility which corrected problems before attempting the SP1 upgrade.

If you go into Windows Update while using the PC (i.e. don't wait until you turn it off), click check for updates, then select any that show and click Install. If the problem is as I describe, it'll come back and say "Upgrade Failed" for one or more of those selected. It'll also give you an error code, which will be of no help whatsoever in resolving the problem.....:~

Cliff Rogers
9th July 2011, 01:22 PM
Yup. :whs:

Bryanatkinson
10th July 2011, 12:44 AM
Some people says that broken update cause the issue.
They have found that uninstalling that bad update helps.

check this link
security update for microsoft virtual pc 2007 (64 bits) kb969856 keep on reinstalling itself (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprovirt/thread/4980a81e-97df-444d-a8e3-337ad3f14e88)

issatree
10th July 2011, 08:34 AM
Hi to All Again,
Well that what you said & I did, didn't fix it, but I am Grateful as I always had to Sign in on The Forums & My Emails.
Beauty, Now I Don't. Not sure how that worked ?
Thanks One & All.
I am a Happy PC Man Again.

issatree
10th July 2011, 10:15 PM
Hi again,
Well the Updates are still coming as I turn the PC off.
I'm not going to worry about it any more.
I've been talking to other users, & they are getting them as well.
Like I said, I'm happy to have got rid of those Sign Ins.