PDA

View Full Version : Back in Calgary again

BobL
11th July 2011, 04:15 PM
Went to the stampede parade last friday.
Very similar to last years.
752 photos in 2 hours.

Here's a small sample

martrix
11th July 2011, 04:28 PM
top work on the lady's piccies! hehe :pipe1:

BobL
11th July 2011, 04:37 PM
top work on the lady's piccies! hehe :pipe1:

I made a summary of the "best of the best" shots.
I came up with about a dozen each of the best "guys", "kids", "horses" and "quirky" categories, and about 50 shots of the "ladies".

Here's a few more for ya.

The Lady Gaga wannabe is representing Calgary Public Libraries!

My fave (as a photo) is the lady with the flag holding the umbrella

BobL
11th July 2011, 04:46 PM
Just to add a bit of balance to the proceedings here are the best mo's in the parade.

The guy with the curly mo in the first post wins pretty easily overall but here are a few more.

John Saxton
14th July 2011, 02:00 AM
Hi Bob, good to see that you're enjoying yourself at the stampede once again.

Was in Calgary just last month stayed at the Delta Bow on 5th .Reckon the locals have got it right with an easy going attitude and a pleasant outlook on life there.

Small world but ran into a couple from Perth in the observation deck of the tower who were going to be there for the STAMPEDE, could not get my wife to step onto the glass floor deck but others were lying down and having their photo's taken much to our delight.

Cheers:)

BobL
14th July 2011, 06:52 AM
Cheers Jonno,

Yes it is certainly a laid back place.

This time I'm staying for 3 weeks with a local guy from the University and he and his family are soooo friendly and helpful. In a weeks time I will be moving into a hotel on campus to be with the other guys from the conference starting here late next week.

Last Saturday we drove the highest drivable pass in Canada (2200m or 7200 ft) and hiked up to a mountain meadow @ 2430 m. When we reached the meadow there was a light snowfall. Will post some pics when I get organized.

rsser
15th July 2011, 08:55 AM
Some purdy fillies in the Stampede Bob.

The women aren't bad either.

BobL
15th July 2011, 09:33 AM
Cheers Ern :2tsup: