PDA

View Full Version : bandsaw jigs

mark41986
23rd December 2004, 10:52 PM
Hi, my name is mark sutton, am new to the forum. There seems to many jigs out there for the table saw, but not the bandsaw. So I was wondering if any one out there has any jig plans, books or websites that i could use to make jigs for my new 14" bandsaw, i have never owned one before and would also like to find out any problems that can become apparent with this tool. My bandsaw has been set up as per manufacturers instructions and is running very true and straight at the moment!!
Thank you for any help.
Mark
:confused:

bsrlee
24th December 2004, 03:36 AM
Hi Mark

There are very few bandsaw jigs out there, I think I have seen a log slicer and the ever popular re-saw guide.

The best way to get the jig ideas, as well as finding out what can go wrong, go to the library & get one of the several bandsaw books - Mark Duginski does one, and there are another couple put out by Taunton Press. Getting them from the library will save you $$$ - if you really like one, then you can buy it thru' someone like Amazon if your local bookseller doesn't stock it.

mark41986
24th December 2004, 11:12 PM
Hi.

Thanks for info.

Have found a book in my local library this morning, called the bandsaw book by lonnie bird, am reading it with interest.

Regards

Mark

bsrlee
24th December 2004, 11:53 PM
(thumps head) Yes, that is the 'other' main bandsaw book.

I have both Duginski's 2 books and Lonnie Bird's book - all excellent, Bird's book is a bit more 'modern' in the 2nd edition, with more colour photo's. Duginski's 'Art of the Bandsaw' (at least that's what I remember as the title) has lots of colour pictures & some example projects too.

There is a fair bit of duplication between the authors - I'd be a bit worried if there wasn't - but Duginski's big book has more about serious Industrial machines as well as hobby machines.

John Saxton
25th December 2004, 09:22 PM
Hello Mark, try the following link click on JIGS and you'll have a multitude of jigs to choose from which may assist you in your quest.
You may also sign his guest book if you so desire.

http://members.cox.net/messman123/About%20Me.htm

Hope this helps and may you enjoy a merry Christmas :)

Cheers :)

jow104
27th December 2004, 02:01 AM
Thanky you Johnno that must be one of the best plan/jig link sites I have ever seen.

mark41986
28th December 2004, 09:53 PM
Hi.
Thank you all.
the website is brilliant, didnt realise that there where so many jigs out there
Mark