PDA

View Full Version : Raising the roof (WIP)

Grumpy John
19th July 2011, 06:38 PM
SWMBO said that I could have more room in the BIG shed if I converted the open fronted shed into a dog run.
First thing was to get a slab poured, just over 3 grand (sorry no before photos). The existing floor was fine crushed rock which made a good base for the slab. I sealed the slab with Aquron 2000 (http://www.ultimateflooringsystems.com.au/PDF/AQURON%202000.pdf) ($520/20 Ltrs), this product penetrates the concrete and is a permanent seal which will stop urine and faeces (sp) odours being absorbed into the concrete. It also makes cleaning the concrete easier.
Today I made a start on fixing the roof, I don't know what was going through the mind of the person that built the shed, but there was no chance of the water draining off the roof as long as it was DEAD LEVEL :((:oo:. I removed the colourbond sheets a so I could fix timbers of reducing thickness, starting at 140 mm. This will give approx 5% fall.
Called a halt at this stage due to onset of rain and a desire for a cold drink :drink2:.

176573 176574 176575

Christos
19th July 2011, 07:56 PM
Warm were you are? eh.

Waldo
19th July 2011, 10:39 PM
Or did it start raining after you stopped for a :beer: and it was just a good excuse?

:2tsup:

Grumpy John
21st July 2011, 05:38 PM
Or did it start raining after you stopped for a :beer: and it was just a good excuse?

:2tsup:

:-

Yesterday I fitted the battens and put the roof back on. I only have to fit some new flashing and the roof's done. I'm going to line and insulate before Summer comes along.

I knew the thicknesser would come in handy.
176737 176738 176739

RETIRED
21st July 2011, 06:18 PM
Now I know why it has been raining here today.:wink:

Skew ChiDAMN!!
23rd July 2011, 01:09 AM
Thicknesser? For ripping down beams? :? You have a table saw, dontcha? Saw blades are easier to resharpen/set than thicky blades... and you could even have angled it slightly to cater for the fall!

Then again, there is something about firing up a thicky that goes well with a few ales. :B:U

Grumpy John
23rd July 2011, 09:18 AM
Thicknesser? For ripping down beams? :? You have a table saw, dontcha? Saw blades are easier to resharpen/set than thicky blades... and you could even have angled it slightly to cater for the fall!

Then again, there is something about firing up a thicky that goes well with a few ales. :B:U

Fair point Skew, however I thought it would be pushing the limits of the Makita to expect a parallel cut over 3.6 meters.

Waldo
23rd July 2011, 10:38 AM

Ooh yeah. :2tsup: I'm about to fire up my thicky right now, you wanna bring around a few ales. :U (might be a bit early for them given it's 9:38 am :doh: )

Yonnee
23rd July 2011, 11:23 AM
Now let me think... where have I seen that place before...??

Grumpy John
23rd July 2011, 01:15 PM
Now let me think... where have I seen that place before...??

If you have a close look at the 3rd. photo in the first post you'll see the CFA shed in the background :wink:.

RETIRED
24th July 2011, 09:27 PM
If you have a close look at the 3rd. photo in the first post you'll see the CFA shed in the background :wink:.Ah yes!! Good fun to ring the Fire Brigade at 2.00 AM. The siren sounds luvvvverrrrly.:roflmao:

Yonnee
24th July 2011, 09:37 PM
If you have a close look at the 3rd. photo in the first post you'll see the CFA shed in the background :wink:.

I know, I helped build it... :2tsup: