PDA

View Full Version : toilet roll dispencer

bowl-basher
22nd July 2011, 11:23 AM
Hi all
I have a commission from SWMBO to make a new toilet roll holder:? (one to mount on the wall so you can tear bits off:p) and I have not had much luck in finding one.. she wants somthing a bit more fancy than a stick on two brackets ......I have already suggested the yellow pages on a string and got a lump behind my ear for my trouble..............any help will be gratefully accepted
Regards
Bowl Basher

bellyup
22nd July 2011, 05:09 PM
Hi BB,
Sorry I can't help with design but I couldn't help think it puts a new spin on your forum name :D

issatree
22nd July 2011, 06:22 PM
Hi BB,
I Just Googled " Wooden Wall Toilet Roll Holder ".
Heaps of Ideas there, for you to choose from.
Shouldn't be a problem now.

_fly_
22nd July 2011, 07:17 PM
Something different??
OK A shotgun hanging on 2 strings.
Real or carved.
What about a magnum (either 357 or .44) in a gun rack, you can put the roll on the barrel.

bowl-basher
22nd July 2011, 08:31 PM
Hi BB,
I Just Googled " Wooden Wall Toilet Roll Holder ".
Heaps of Ideas there, for you to choose from.
Shouldn't be a problem now.

Tried that and nothing very inspiring........oh well I'll just keep looking:((

BamBam53
22nd July 2011, 09:40 PM
I had a similar commission from my wife. I have attached a picture of what I ended up making. It's based on one she saw in a 100 year old house and suits our old place.

RufflyRustic
23rd July 2011, 09:17 AM
I made one out of some camphor laurel scraps for our house too. Just two simple sides, a top and a big piece of dowel that fit into slots cut into the sides.

Christos
23rd July 2011, 10:24 PM
I like the simple things, after all you only want to spend a few minutes in the little room as possible. :U

I think the basic design is not going to change, the covering over the roll is what can change. You can create what ever comes to mine.

thompy
23rd July 2011, 11:30 PM
I'm not really good at explaining an idea so this will probably be a bit of a read, and this sentence didnt really help in that regard, but here goes...

It'd involve quite a bit of waste i think but probably look cool, turn a cylinder that matches just over the diametre of an unused roll internally, part off a full sized disc neatly, then hollow out the rest of the cylinder with an even wall thickness, part it off so you end up with a pipe. quarter the pipe, and quarter the disc, fix/glue two of the quarter ends onto a quarter of the pipe, this forms the basin for the roll to sit in/on, make a half cut/file out of each end halfway along it for the dowel/turned roller to sit in centralising the roll. Then make using the above process the same deal for the top cover, only using the lower "basin" outer dimension as its internal diametre, that way the top would stop the centre pin from walking its way out of the roll, you could also fix in centre pin guides in the top inside as well. Then affix the assembly to a backing board, or straight to the wall.

A number of ways you could make it work to hinge or change a roll, you could hinge the top through the side of the lower and have it drop down over the lower, or you could use a hidden hinge on the top bits top edge and have it tilt upwards, revealing the lower and allowing a change.

An idea to play with? i dunno, just a thought, never thought i'd be thinking about a turned bogroll holder. good luck. Hope the lump doesn't hurt too bad, and ya dont get any more too soon.

Neal.

Edit: The basic idea is there, but it wouldn't work unless the turned diametre of the pipe section was much larger than the roll (4 times larger) as you'd only be using a quarter of it...back to the drawing board...i was trying to think outside the box, i think i failed and need to get back in it.