PDA

View Full Version : Nicest shed ever

wheelinround
25th July 2011, 08:58 PM
I've seen some real nice sheds on this forum and many others but not as tidy as this one (http://billwebber.galootcentral.com/CS%20intro.jpg)

Highland House (http://billwebber.galootcentral.com/)

ian
25th July 2011, 09:09 PM
great setup
SWMBO can accompany the WW on the piano

I'm hoping it's just the photo, but something in the lighting just feels wrong to me

FRB Design
25th July 2011, 09:23 PM
Man after my own heart, brilliant!

Frank.

Claw Hama
25th July 2011, 09:53 PM
Thats just plane non sense:( its not a shed, a workshop or even a studio:no:. Looks more like a surgery. :~

Cliff Rogers
25th July 2011, 09:54 PM
That isn't a shed, it is a museum. :think:

3RU
25th July 2011, 10:24 PM
Well it will do me ! Just not sure where to start today

murray44
25th July 2011, 10:25 PM
Each to their own but that's not my idea of fun. :rolleyes:

Aerenandmel
26th July 2011, 12:02 AM
Im pretty sure the carpet would not work in my shed :D

rusel
26th July 2011, 08:40 AM
The only difference between this shed and mine is the I do not have a coaster for my cupper.......... and may be the piano ......may be the carpert also ............might have to include the glass cabinets for the tools...........bugger no French doors either.... to be honest do not have a gramophone just a cheap radio
But all the rest is the same honest :roll:

Glider
26th July 2011, 09:52 PM
Must have a great dusty to keep it that clean...although not working there would have the same result.

mick :)

Aerenandmel
26th July 2011, 10:05 PM
I thought this one was neat too :2tsup: I have a thing for z50's

cookie48
28th July 2011, 10:46 PM
What is the idea of that. Get the bloody floor dirty to start of with. Gee I like clean but not sterile. He gets a -10 for that one.

callum94
28th July 2011, 11:01 PM
HAHA imagine doing some woodturning and then having to clean the shaving out of the carpet.....better hope you have a dyson vacume other wise that aint never comeing out haha

HOOKED.UP
29th July 2011, 12:08 AM
Looks just like my shed.
Except for the lack of 30 years dust.
All the bits of timber, saved ofcourse.
The very old tools. Some with a bit of rust.
The broken bits of machinery.
The "work in progress".
That job for SWMBA.
Welder. Scrap steel.
My lighting might not be quite as good.
I don't think any of my work surfaces have a gloss finish.
Mechanical area.
A few other minor details.

BUGGER, I have only been building for 40 years and have not got my shed right yet.:doh:

Paul:roll:

Christos
29th July 2011, 06:42 PM
I like it. Nice and neat. Everything in it's place and a place for everything. :2tsup:

Lignum
29th July 2011, 10:08 PM
No real woodie would have a work space like that, you would have to be so up-yourself to even contemplate it. Give me dust and things to trip over any day.

orraloon
30th July 2011, 09:55 AM
Almost as good as my 3x4m tin shed but instead of a piano I got a radio thingie that plays by itself:D

Oldneweng
30th July 2011, 12:00 PM
Have you heard the saying about the worker with a tidy desk has a tidy mind? Actually it means they don't do anything. I think it is more like an empty mind.

This picture is scary. All jests aside, it is either a fancy nonworking display or the result of a disturbed mind. If I walked into someones workshop that looked like that I would get out fast and keep an eye on that persons family. I am not joking. If a person would do that to a work area? I have seen too many broken families and that scene scares me for the family involved.

Dean

A Duke
30th July 2011, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Was the 2nd link added later or was I asleep?
I have been racking my few remaining brain cells trying to work out what work could be bone in that space and judging by some of the other responses, I am not the only one, and all the answers are in the second link.

I still think he probably gets more kick out of tiding up than working. But then the aero-space industry could do things to one.
Regards

wheelinround
30th July 2011, 02:05 PM
No Duke 2nd link was always there. When read its easy to understand what the room is used for. When Claw Hammer makes his 3rd mill he's going to do the same thing:p

wun4us
30th July 2011, 11:24 PM
Anyone for tea and cucumber sandwiches?:oo:

hunter2003
15th August 2011, 10:37 PM
My guess is the owner doesn't to any work in that workshop.

He or she sits in a comfy chair, listens to the piano and points to what they
would like their woodslave to do next :sad3:

Sawdust Maker
16th August 2011, 09:37 PM
I can just see the conversation around the kitchen table one sunny morning

Him "Dear, I think I might like to try my hand at woodwork"
Her "Whatever for dear"
Him "you know it's the manly thing to do"
Her "OK dear, you could use the music room"
Him "Great, I'll get a bench, some tools, a saw or two, some planes..."
Her "Just make sure it doesn't get dusty, you know how tiddles sneezes!"

Christos
16th August 2011, 09:44 PM
I
Her "Just make sure it doesn't get dusty, you know how tiddles sneezes!"

Are you sure this conversation was not recent but the names have been changed to save the innocent.

Optimark
16th August 2011, 10:05 PM
I think the owner does do a fair bit of work in there. The fact that it is logically set out, clean, spacious and extremely well thought out, doesn't mean nothing gets done.

I'm married to a German, having visited many of her German friends and having seen some workshops in Germany, that kind of cleanliness and placement of machinery is often found.

Mind you I have seen some hovels in Germany as well, but on the main, what I see on the link, is what I have experienced in some places in Germany.

My brother in-law and his wife built a house, four floors, including the cellar and attic areas in 1994. One section in the cellar, which is approximately 75% of the floor space, was set aside for his workshop, I could eat off the floor. Having seen some of the stuff he produced, I then came to the conclusion that it is possible to have a show place, and at the same time, produce stuff.

His other half is a fashion designer, her top floor area looks quite sterile, yet she produces stuff from there in brainstorming sessions that make it an absolute pig sty, yet the next morning after her 0500hrs daily run, she heads in and cleans up, then does her ablutions before breakfast and off to work. Her work area is spotless, I have no idea how she can be so driven, but driven she is.

Mick.