PDA

View Full Version : I like computer discussion

kertaker
30th July 2011, 05:48 AM
Hey guys, still working on picking out items for my build. Trying to decide on a hard drive now? keep in mind that I'm trying to stick to budget total. Two hard drive options that I have come across are very similar, and not much difference. The main difference is the cache. Didn't know if it was worth it to throw down extra bucks. I'm not too picky on hard drive size, and rarely have I used more than 150gigs of memory on a computer.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
30th July 2011, 03:13 PM
If you're looking at cache sizes, are you particularly concerned about access speed? There are some blindingly fast HDDs (10,000rpm-ers and SSD) out there, but you pay thru the nose for them.

The Seagate Momentus Hybrid (http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=210_902_1205&products_id=14722) is a good, cheap compromise, IMHO. I've been tossing up whether to buy one for my System drive.

If speed's not really a concern, then whether I chose the one with more cache - if everything else is equal - would depend on just how much more expensive it is.

Which HDDs are you considering?