PDA

View Full Version : Woodwork forums members carriers - what the????

ubeaut
31st July 2011, 12:30 PM
People travel all over the place every day of the week. Often with an empty or near empty vehicle. If members are on the road and have the space and the inclination, maybe they could take a package or to with them and do a drop off along the way.

This forum may just help members get an object from point A to point B via WWFMCar (Woodwork Forums Carier) without the expense of a courier and with less chance of the package being lost or damaged by rough handling.

This was suggested by a member and seemed to have some merit.

Definitely worth a try. The next sticky thread may give a bit more of an insight to what it's all about.

Neil :U

tea lady
31st July 2011, 01:45 PM
Cool! A whole other excuse to go visit people! :cool::U

FXST01
31st July 2011, 02:37 PM
But no boogie board bags :D

pjt
31st July 2011, 10:13 PM
:D:D I was wondering wether this was gonna be a goer or not, and well there you go, it is :2tsup: OH and yeh no boogie board bags as FX says

Pete

skot
4th August 2011, 08:58 AM
I think this is a brilliant idea...hats off to the person who thought of it and the Administrators

Wongo
4th August 2011, 10:18 AM
I want to buy a cube of timber from qld. Anyone?? :U

minus459
10th August 2011, 03:12 AM
What a bloody great idea, except I never go anywhere:C still a cool idea. You need to put a bloody big banner up for this, MODS up and at 'em.

undies

jhovel
11th August 2011, 08:31 PM
Bloody brilliant to make this part of the forum!
I'd certraily be happy to carry stuff to other members when they are on my way to somewhere.

I'm also looking for someone to carry a drill press from a member in WA to Vic (for me to go and pick up) - fully dismatled but obviously heavy.
Anyone travelling in a ute or truck or with trailer that way?
Joe

Aerenandmel
11th August 2011, 08:51 PM
But no boogie board bags :D

Hahaha

Chief Tiff
11th August 2011, 09:10 PM
What an excellent idea. I commute between Bundaberg and Condamine every two weeks travelling through all the little places in a largely empty fourby; I'd be happy to do a bit of free courier work.

Paul39
24th October 2011, 09:56 AM
This system has worked nicely in the US for hauling large and small machinery.

See:Antique Machinery Haulers' Group Membership Signup . . . - Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web (http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/antique-machinery-history/antique-machinery-haulers-group-membership-signup-162478/)

I have read tales of 6000 pound machines being passed from trailer to trailer with sojourns in members sheds. Over a period of months the machine gets there in good condition.

Albert12
2nd June 2020, 09:56 PM
I was wondering wether this was gonna be a goer or not, and well there you go, it does.