PDA

View Full Version : stainless steel plate

cavey
29th December 2004, 06:06 PM
Hi Guys!

I am brand new to this site and am seeking a bit of help.

I have installed a new oven into our existing kitchen, the new oven is about 116mm shorter than the old.

I am chasing a piece of brushed stainless steel plate, 595mm x 116mm, to fill this gap(think it will look better than the traditional wooden finish).

Any ideas on where I could buy this sort of thing in the Brisbane area. (will also need two small off cuts).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Terry

Jacksin
29th December 2004, 07:29 PM
G'day Cavey, I dont know if I am going to be of any help because Im in Adelaide, but for odd bits of metal plate etc (stainless included) I always try my local sheetmetal workshop who make up the most odd articles. If he doesnt have the particular material I want, he knows where to send me. Perhaps the regulars on here will be able to advise you
Good Luck
Jack ;)

scooter
30th December 2004, 11:23 PM
Gday Terry, sheetmetal shop or steel supplier would be the go, try the yellow pages.

Bending edges at ninety degrees may make it easier to attach and keep it flat.

Cheers..........Sean, maker of Dutch Ovens :eek:

barnsey
31st December 2004, 08:46 AM
Hi Terry/cavey

If you are around the bay side of the city, you'll find sheeties doing boat work will be able to help. Any number of 'em down here :D

Jamie

cavey
31st December 2004, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the help everyone.

Now my wife will stop giving me a hard time about the hole above the new oven...:)

Cheers

Terry

Trav
13th January 2005, 09:09 AM
Sorry to restart this old thread, but I used aluminium in a similar situation when I replaced my old oven/griller with a smaller oven and microwave. I used some al angle to edge all the exposed areas.

You can get Al angle all over the place - including bunnings.

Trav

Corcorbear
13th January 2005, 01:21 PM
there is an excellent place in Pickering Street Alderley that does industrial and commercial fabrication - they did a small piece for my splashback and built and extension for a stainless rangehood - look in the phone book - there are two next to eachother - one is "russ - all" (that's not the one) the other one is heaps cheaper and quick.

they even replaced a smal peice with a mark on it for free and I made the mark !