PDA

View Full Version : SATurn 2011

Solutions Aust
15th August 2011, 11:05 AM
Hi,
I would just like to comment on how well the SATurn weekend was run.
it is a credit to organisers we had a lot of fun catching up with every one.
the meal were excellant and the company great.
some of the item turned for the challenge were brilliant especially considering the time it took to make the articles.
any one who has the chance to attend one should do so as they will not be dissapionted .
once agian a great week end
from the Woodfast Boys :2tsup:

brendan stemp
15th August 2011, 11:27 PM
I too had a great weekend. How could you not. One of the best of this style of live-in woodturning weekends. If you have ever entertained the thought of going to SATurn but haven't, make plans to go in 2012; their 14th.

NeilS
16th August 2011, 03:28 PM
What they said.... great weekend!

As I first timer I felt most welcomed.

These events are a great way to do things that you haven't done yet or don't normally get to do. There is always someone there who is willing to share their expertise with you. I attempted to befriend the skew again, with the usual entertaining (for others) results....:rolleyes:

Thanks also to the generous prize and raffle sponsors (Woodfast, MacWood, Carbatec, Brendan Stemp and Tim Skilton, don't think I've left anyone out). Us first timers did quite well from that... :)

Having been to SAturn and YouTurn now, I can recommend both.

tea lady
16th August 2011, 05:33 PM
Had a great time too! Its great to just have 2 days to do just turning! And you only have to stop for food. :cool: Sleep if you want to as well I guess. If you must! :D

I made an all wood tin can banjo! :cool: Even makes a sound. Which some would say is not a good thing! :rolleyes::p Do ya wanna see it? :D

Sturdee
16th August 2011, 05:38 PM
Do ya wanna see it? :D

Yes please.

Peter.

tea lady
16th August 2011, 11:23 PM
Yes please.

Peter.Post about it here (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/my-all-wood-tin-can-banjo-139782/#post1361823)! :cool: