PDA

View Full Version : What idjut said "better late than never?"

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th August 2011, 11:12 PM
For the last few years one of my jobs has been helping a bricky mate build his house; he looked after the brickwork, 'most everything else was mine. This week-end he asked me to build a work-bench and install some shelving. Nothing fancy, just a basic frame held together with coach-bolts and particle board (aka yellow-tongue) flooring for surfaces.

As you can see from the pic, it was needed. Not even up for an hour and 'twas already groaning under the weight of asstd. crap. :innocent:

But what p_sses me off about the whole thing is that the house is now finished along with most of the yard-work and we've almost finished building a Granny Flat out the back. Further, in about a fortnight from now, I'll be disappearing overseas for a few months... :doh:

Why, oh why couldn't he have given me the nod on this several years ago, when I first said "you know what would be a good idea?" :sigh:

tea lady
16th August 2011, 11:29 PM
:pi: Nearly looks organized! If he let you do it earlier you would have just messed it up! :D

Cliff Rogers
16th August 2011, 11:41 PM
Bricks come on pallets, a stack of pallets makes a good work bench. :D

Skew ChiDAMN!!
16th August 2011, 11:41 PM
I gotta admit that it'll look a lot neater soon... when I pack up my tools and bring them home for storage. :D

(Oh jeeze. Where, oh where am I gonna fit them? Must be time to start on that shed extension I've been procrastinating about for... oh... maybe two, three years... :doh::B).

Bricks come on pallets, a stack of pallets makes a good work bench. :D

Give the man a kewpie doll! If you look behind the Triton, you'll see the workbench I've been using for the last few years...

Cliff Rogers
16th August 2011, 11:51 PM

Give the man a kewpie doll! If you look behind the Triton, you'll see the workbench I've been using for the last few years...
And a damned fine bench it is too... so long as ya don't stub yer bare toes on it. :D

Waldo
17th August 2011, 12:06 AM
... when I pack up my tools and bring them home for storage. :D

Umm... where's that going to be? :D

2 weeks, not much time to catch up. :doh:

underfoot
17th August 2011, 06:13 AM
he looked after the brickwork, 'most everything else was mine.
Maybe you should have done the brickwork too ....judging by straightness of the brick pier in the background :q

wheelinround
17th August 2011, 08:39 AM
Maybe you should have done the brickwork too ....judging by straightness of the brick pier in the background :q

Undie that is just Skews attempt at ornamental turning its been fluted/barley twisted. :U

His other project is to finish his Rose Engine at least now he can go CNC with that.:;

wun4us
19th August 2011, 11:50 PM
Hmmm.....wunda what that inconspicuous blue tarp is hiding in the wheelbarrow????

Could it be.............?