PDA

View Full Version : Photo of Boozing Kanga

rogerjenkins
18th August 2011, 08:54 PM
Here's a photo of my First ever Boozing Kanga, with several modifications to the original pattern. Have since made three more of the same Kanga,- each one slightly different, one has gone over to Murray Bridge; another into our local Seaside Treasures Shop here in Port Vincent, and the third is going over to an Adelaide market stall holder next week for display, & / or orders. Another is destined to become a raffle prize in the annual Port Vincent New Years Day Gala, and there's also a guy who works up at the Roxby Mine, ( outback SA ), who has also expressed interest in one.

Overal dimensions are;- 600mm.Long x 330mm.High, on 9mm.ply baseboard. the lettering is 25mm. hand painted in Artist's Acrylics, and the finish is Gloss Lacquer.
** If you know of anyone who would like a Boozing Kanga for their home bar, or Den, or for the local Pub Bar, give me a call, we can always do a bit of, " horse trading. " so to speak :U:U
( Already have Steve Bundred's permission,- also have long-term ideas for other Aussie Animal Icons using this same concept, with the patterns being sold through Steve's fantasticwoodworking site )

Roger

oges
23rd August 2011, 07:43 AM
Looks great Roger, I like the changes you made to the pattern.

skot
24th August 2011, 08:01 PM
Great piece...I have the same book and have done a couple from the book and even did one of my own designs.

Roger, what did you use for the white froth

Scott

rogerjenkins
24th August 2011, 10:00 PM
Skot,- The " White Froth," - I cheated a bit there as couldn't find any light coloured timber close handy that was suitable, and being rather artistic I have a complete set of Student's Acrylics on hand for painting my Handcrafted Fridge Magnet designs, plus occasional Aussie Muscle Cars onto clock faces, & coffee table tops, so used White Acrylic,- three coats applied,- AND there's a trick to how to do it too so the paint don't bleed into the timber, which I also use when I do the wording at the top, & on my Funny Signs, etc.

** Come on guys,- can you work out how I do it to stop, " Bleed. " of the Art Acrylic ?

*** Have done several kangas since,- with even more bottles added at the front, behind the chair leg, and with one empty tipped over behind the front upright bottle.
Also looking at doing another Boozing Kanga, with suitable, " Aussie outback," scenery added in the background.
Roger

simso
11th September 2011, 05:54 PM
Thats funny, I made the same one about 4 years ago, and it still today sits above my computer

rogerjenkins
24th September 2011, 10:08 PM
Here's an up-dated version of the Boozing Kanga, with several empties at the front, including one tipped over, and slightly different wording to my original, as this Boozing Kanga is heading for the Annual Wine & Cheese Tasting Night, on Sat.1st. Oct, 2011, here at the Port Vincent Bowls Club, where this Boozing Kanga is destined to become one of the evening's Raffle Prizes. :) Another Boozing Kanga is heading up the road a little way to Adrossan, where it is going on display at Amanda's Crafts & Crystals Shop. That Kanga will have similar wording, except the name of the town will become, Ardrossan, instead of, Port Vincent. Another is destined for Adelaide, and another for Minlaton, ( Southern Yorke Peninsula, S.A. ), as being personalized each one is a bit different,- also I sign, & date each one too,- ( Never know, they might be valuable for the buyer/s in years to come:U )
Roger

oges
25th September 2011, 07:44 AM
Good to see the boozin kanga doing some travelling