PDA

View Full Version : Two oval laminated lidded boxes

Ad de Crom
20th August 2011, 07:27 PM
Oval laminated lidded boxes, one with the axis size 175x145 mm, and the second with the axis size 135x105 mm.
To use for girls for typical girls thingies.
Made of beech and red cedar.
Finished with transparent decorative stain on waterbase.
Did something stupid with the largest box, by turning the box and lid seperately, so got not a matching of the red cedar strips of the box and lid, lesson learned with the smaller lidded box.
As always, never to old to learn of your own stupidity :doh:
Cheers, Ad

hughie
20th August 2011, 07:29 PM
Well done sir! :2tsup:

Ed Reiss
21st August 2011, 11:16 AM
They all look good to me, Ad :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Woodwould
21st August 2011, 12:19 PM
:thyel: I like the form of the boxes, especially the first one.

wheelinround
21st August 2011, 03:04 PM
:2tsup: Ad I like as does Sue shame about line up not to worry still looks very effective.

Skew ChiDAMN!!
21st August 2011, 05:54 PM
:2tsup: It's annoying when you make basic mistakes like that, isn't it?

How does the little box line up when the lid's turned around 180 degrees? Looks like it'd still line up nicely and, if so, then that more than makes up for the first oops! :U

Ad de Crom
21st August 2011, 07:42 PM
:2tsup: It's annoying when you make basic mistakes like that, isn't it?

How does the little box line up when the lid's turned around 180 degrees? Looks like it'd still line up nicely and, if so, then that more than makes up for the first oops! :U
Could do nothing, not even the lid 180 degrees turn.
The big mistake was that I thought too simply, and was confronted with the problem of finding the right point to the cover and subsequently the box on the right angle to mount on the faceplate, a slight angle mistake makes in this case the difference.
The second is made out of one thick oval turned piece
In fact very simple to avoid this problem..., so think twice before....)))
Thanks Skew

Ad de Crom
21st August 2011, 07:45 PM
:2tsup: Ad I like as does Sue shame about line up not to worry still looks very effective.
Well Ray, I was ashamed of my own stupidity :doh:
Ad :D

orificiam
21st August 2011, 08:03 PM
Hello Ad you're being too hard on yourself, I think you've done a great job.
Congratulation.

Cheers Tony.:)

Ad de Crom
21st August 2011, 08:14 PM
They all look good to me, Ad :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:
Hey Ed, nice to hear from you, how do you coming along with your new Photography hobby, as I understood this was your intention, to keep yourself busy with this new hobby.
Is there any progress to tell in your medical visiting, hope it's going into the right direction, although I realize it's a long road to go.
Wish you the best, and hope to see you come back on one day at the woodturnings adventure.
Ad

Ad de Crom
21st August 2011, 08:20 PM
Hello Ad you're being too hard on yourself, I think you've done a great job.
Congratulation.

Cheers Tony.:)
Yeah Tony, thanks friend, I told you enough about hardheaded. :D
Ad

Ed Reiss
22nd August 2011, 11:21 AM
Thanks Ad. The treatments are progressing well. The Vitamin-D level is now where it should be. Felt some extra energy from taking the Vitamin-D.
Next is to get the testosterone level up to par. Got the first "Testopel" injections 2 weeks ago ~ so far there has not been any significant improvement from the testosterone treatment...time will tell.

Yea, the photography thing is going splendidly. Read every book on the subject that I could get my hands on, and have taken many, many shots. I am kind of leaning towards macro-photography...it presents it's own set of challanges.

Check out the forums Photography section. I posted a couple of macro pics there.

Hope all is well with you and the family.