PDA

View Full Version : Remote Control Box

Goldy
4th January 2005, 11:07 AM
On the subject of boxes heres a box I`ve made up for TV remote controls. Made out of offcuts I had lying around, a combo of Jarrah, Karri, Tassie Oak and Oak floor boards for the bottom.

Regards Goldy

ryanarcher
4th January 2005, 11:51 AM
Wow, Awesome Box!

HappyHammer
4th January 2005, 12:10 PM
Nice Box.

Is it on a double bed? If so it's bloody big how many remote controls do you have?

HH.

Goldy
4th January 2005, 12:56 PM
Its 350mm x 300, kinds of looks like a bed but the photo`s were taken on a dining room table.

Goldy.

Slavo
4th January 2005, 01:07 PM
Nice work Goldy. The only problem I see is that your remotes would still go missing. Mine play hide and seek all the time. I think when you're not looking they sprout legs and run away.

wonnie
4th January 2005, 01:10 PM
great box, ours selectively play hide and seek...only the one your looking for at that moment plays this game

Barry_White
4th January 2005, 02:17 PM
I think remote controls should be like cordless phones and have a "find remote button" somewhere on the TV.

nik
4th January 2005, 03:02 PM
Well, if anybody does find out where the remote control goes and hides, then there is a good chance we can find with it our keys, wallets, mobile phones (those cunning buggers only go missing when they are turned off) and to top it off, that drill bit that you need, but for some reason it just aint there. :)

AlexS
4th January 2005, 09:10 PM
I've found the solution to vanishing remotes: duct tape them to the TV. :rolleyes:

Nice box, by the way.

DJPhoto
5th January 2005, 04:53 AM
Beautiful work... "?" did you M&T cover frame or is it biskets holding the show together? Put velcro hooks on the back of your remote and teach the kids to stick it to the couch fabric. (Leather Couches... your out of luck)
David

Goldy
5th January 2005, 12:00 PM
For the lid just biscuit joined it and left it a few mm over size and once dried and left for a few days to settle and ran it though the thicknesser to size.

Regards Goldy.

Wongo
5th January 2005, 02:15 PM
Looks great mate. Well done.

Interwood
5th January 2005, 10:21 PM
Hi Goldy,

How did you do the dovetails ... they look grouse!

Interwood :)