PDA

View Full Version : Bash em

gdf26562
30th August 2011, 07:15 PM
I recently saw something similar and decided to give it a go, it is a copy of an old police baton I have.

The baton is in two pieces and the head of the baton is hollow for a slip of paper, no idea why I made it but there you go.

For the grip I originally used a tool to cut the grips but it didnt work to good to and looked average, so i had a go at using a small skew and nervously did it by hand. Turned out ok.

A leather thong will be attached to the handle

tea lady
30th August 2011, 07:31 PM
Why do we turn anything ? :doh: Looks like a neat project!:cool: So whayt do you do? Put the message in then bang it into their thick skull? :D Well done with the skew!:2tsup:

smiife
30th August 2011, 08:39 PM
hi gdf,
nice job on the basher thingy,:2tsup: what sort of finish
and timber did you use?
cheers smiife

mkypenturner
30th August 2011, 09:01 PM
im guessing that whats on the note is " if you can read this your baton is broken " :D

texx
30th August 2011, 09:52 PM
just a small story about the paper in the handle thing .
when i was in my teens my dad gave me a ball pien hammer ( dad was a marine engineer and did his time in a ship yard so did his father ) we all have exactly the same name anyway he gave me the hammer and told me his father gave it to him and inside the handle there is a bit of paper rolled up with his name on it , the hole is plugged and can not be seen ,
a hammer is like a part of you if you use it everyday and in a ship yard back then times were tough to say the least, if the hammer was ever stollen the rightfull owner could pick it from a million other hammers just by the feel of it but with this one it could be proven by splitting the handle and opening the note inside .
i still have the hammer .

cookie48
30th August 2011, 09:54 PM
instructions on how to use maybe?????

hughie
31st August 2011, 12:17 PM
The baton is in two pieces and the head of the baton is hollow for a slip of paper, no idea why I made it but there you go.

....or lead shot :U