PDA

View Full Version : Sher DRILLMASTER.. who has one ?

kenny_10
10th September 2011, 10:00 AM
Hi.. I am doing a study of these small aussie made drills.
They come out with both keyed and manual chucks.. early ones are made of black plastic while the later ones are apparently aluminium !
Would like to hear from anyone who has one..

Ken.

bluegum30
10th September 2011, 11:12 AM
Hello Kenny 10, Always happy to learn about old tools ,Sher power hand drills i'v seen from time to time if memory serves me correct,one for sale at Bundaberg tender center ,one of the oldies i think.

rusel
10th September 2011, 11:59 AM
Hi
You jogged a memory so I went for a bit of a look out behind the shed and found this, a Sher drill press where you mount your hand drill into it. I can tell you, it weighs some.

Hey if some one want it just come and pick it up. Now its out and on the side of the trailer it might get a one way trip.
If no interest here I move it onto the market place in a few days

Russell

kenny_10
10th September 2011, 07:28 PM
Hello Kenny 10, Always happy to learn about old tools ,Sher power hand drills i'v seen from time to time if memory serves me correct,one for sale at Bundaberg tender center ,one of the oldies i think.
Yes.. Never thought they made so many variations.. in sizes from 1/4" up to 1"!!.. and not only in 240v .. 12v and 32v were also produced.. i assume for the farm ?.
Ken.

adeben
12th October 2011, 08:03 PM
Hi Rusel,
What you have is the main structure of a Sher Shopmate. It could be used as a drill press, but it also could be used as a saw table, and as a face plate sander. The holes wth clamps thereon are where the saw table fitted. It was powered by a Sher Powermatic drill, and was an early 'combination' machine, a forerunner of the Triton, perhaps. I inherited one from my grandfather who bought it new in the early 1960s.

wheelinround
12th October 2011, 08:13 PM
Hi Rusel,
What you have is the main structure of a Sher Shopmate. It could be used as a drill press, but it also could be used as a saw table, and as a face plate sander. The holes wth clamps thereon are where the saw table fitted. It was powered by a Sher Powermatic drill, and was an early 'combination' machine, a forerunner of the Triton, perhaps. I inherited one from my grandfather who bought it new in the early 1960s.

Rusel no longer has it :D
Its since been dismantled ready for a major clean up and possible other use without ruining it. Thanks to The Specilist I who posted some time ago he picked up a full version/kit I found out it also was Lathe.

kram57ammo
25th April 2012, 02:42 PM
Hi Ken
I have both the black bakelite and the metal bodied versions. Give me a call or email me.
Cheers Mark Zillmann

rusel
25th April 2012, 08:09 PM
wheelinround

How is this looking??

Russell

wheelinround
26th April 2012, 09:30 AM
wheelinround

How is this looking??

Russell

Russell sadly its all just dismantled ATM have other work to complete first.

The two main bars had to be pressed out with a 20ton press.