PDA

View Full Version : Myrtle Purchase

hitch
10th September 2011, 06:28 PM
Today I responded to an advertisement in my local paper and purchased some beaut Myrtle at a good price - I'm a happy chappy.:U Pic's attached.

The Guy I purchased it from has ok'd me including his contact details here for the information of forum members. His name is Geoff, he lives in Ulverstone Tas. and can be contacted on 0418149069. For simplicity I have scanned his newspaper advertisement and include it with the pic's of my purchase.

From what I saw today Geoff has a large quantity of Myrtle and Tas Oak - I didn't see his Huon.

I met Geoff for the first time today and have no interest in or benefit from the sale of his timber.

Regards
Ian

artme
11th September 2011, 11:19 AM
Lucky you!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

Even plain Myrtle is worth the money!!:)

hitch
11th September 2011, 11:59 PM
Thanks Artme,

It's my first experience with Myrtle and I'm very happy with it. This is beautiful timber and I hope I can do it justice when I get around to working with it. The price was very reasonable as Geoff said he now has other interests and is downsizing his involvement in woodworking and needs the space his very substantial timber collection occupies. It's a shame really as he said he has had most of it for many years. I'm very tempted to return for some more!

waveink
12th September 2011, 05:07 PM
Drool! I really need to speed up my plans to get to Tasmania - with an empty ute (or truck!)

hitch
13th September 2011, 06:41 PM
Waveink

Tas is a fantastic place so plan to look around a bit before you fill up that ute (or truck). I moved here from Sydney two years ago and love it.