PDA

View Full Version : Re: Men's Shed Logan area, Brisbane

TheSandpaperMan
16th September 2011, 10:29 AM
My father has expressed an interest in finding a Men's Shed located near him. He is at Buccan, which is between Beenleigh and Logan Village, south of Brisbane. Just wondered if any one knew of Men's Sheds (that are part of the association or not) in that area. If anyone does know of one, would it be possible to perhaps tell me a bit about it, and also a contact phone number for them.
Thanks all.

issatree
16th September 2011, 11:51 AM
Hi Sandpaper Man,
If you Google AMSA ( Australian Mens Shed Association ) & ask in the Search, you may find one there.

HOOKED.UP
16th September 2011, 01:03 PM
ISATREE, is correct.

Here is the link.

Men's Sheds - MensShed Australia AMSA (http://www.mensshed.org/page7859/Home.aspx)#

Click on "Find a Shed", go from there.

Paul.
Coordinator.
TasmanMensShed.

TheSandpaperMan
16th September 2011, 01:12 PM
We have looked at the Mens Shed Association and there doesn't seem to be one anywhere near him. We wondered if there were any independent Sheds around that area.

HOOKED.UP
16th September 2011, 01:23 PM
Hi SANDPAPERMAN.

Sorry you could not find a shed on that site.

Your next move would be to contact your local council offices and your local health care centre.
If a shed exists in your area, they should know about it.

The last resort, of course is to establish one in your area.
A lot of work, which requires a small dedicated team.
But the rewards are enormous.

Good luck, Mate.

Paul.

rhancock
16th September 2011, 10:07 PM
I've been working in Beaudesert recently, and dropped in at their new men's shed (http://hennievandyk.bravepages.com/BeaudesertMensShed/index.html). They had assistance from Centacare (http://www.centacare.org.au/), so if Beaudesert is too far to go, maybe Centacare can help find one, or start one.

TheSandpaperMan
19th September 2011, 03:53 PM
Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I found out the following information about the Make and Do Group at Loganholme, and thought would share in case anyone else is interested in this information.

Make and Do
16 Burchill Street Loganholme
Phone: 3209 6833

Open Hours:
Monday 9am - 2pm
Tuesday 10am - 3pm 6pm - 10pm
Wednesday 9am - 2pm
Thursday Closed
Friday 9am - 2pm
Saturday 9am - 2pm
Sunday Closed

Membership $60.00 a year
Daily Fee $4.00

Logan Make And Do (M.A.D.) Association began in 2001 as a way for the
older generation to share knowledge, skills and experience with all
forms of woodcraft with younger men and women.
In early 2010 they moved into new premises at Loganholme and set up their woodworking machinery and tools.
MAD welcomes anyone interested in woodcraft, and people interested in friendship and social activities. MAD also engages in community programs such as working with disadvantaged youth and young people with a disability.
Members are always happy to demonstrate various woodcrafts such as wood turning, scrolling and pyrography.

HOOKED.UP
19th September 2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for that, SANDPAPERMAN.

I hope that is what your Dad was looking for.

You do not tell us if this is a "MEN'S Shed", or a different type of set up.

No matter really. Looks great.

Paul.

artme
21st September 2011, 08:48 PM
Apparently there is a Men' shed operating somewhere in the Browns Plains Area, sponsored by Greenbank RSL.

Will track down details for you>